Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Northeast Anniversary Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
rgolia
I got my fingers crossed. The 914 is ready. Had to move the cars to the new garage as the old garage has become my new office. Hope everyone is well and stay safe.

Click to view attachment
Big Len
Love the garage Ralph.
Big Len
With exactly 2 months to go, I see no reason to postpone this event. After talking to many of you, I don't believe waiting another month or two will make much of a difference, not only in regards to the virus, but also the fact that many places are starting to open up. In two months, any sort of normalcy will be here and last a while, so to me, a delay makes little sense. And some minor tweaking of the schedule should help in making everyone feel comfortable, adding that I've talked to the hotel manager and they are on board with taking all proper precautions. Presently, they are holding 14 room reservations, which is at least that many cars.

So we're still a go and personally, I can't wait.
Big Len
Double post
stevend914
Google maps shows 914 miles from home to East Stroudsburg...but...I haven't yet talked myself into that drive for a one day event...but who knows...I may get too much cabin fever.
sjhenry1075
I just saw this and I'm excited! I just got my 71 running and have been looking for some sort of an event to drive it to. I'm going to call the hotel today to make reservations. I'm excited to meet everyone and at this point, I'm not sure if my SO will be making the trip.
jaredmcginness
Very tempted to join this. If I am not on work travel that weekend, and my car is operable. smile.gif
Big Len
Promising news - Monroe County, PA, and in fact all 4 Pocono counties are shifting from red to yellow tomorrow, Friday, May 29th. The regional heath dept. believes that all 4 counties should go to green by mid June, a solid month before our event. Restaurants will have dine in services (@50% capacity), gatherings up to 250 people, and a number of other recreational things will be open. Of course, things could change, so I'll have another update in 2 or 3 weeks.

Hopefully, the only worry we'll have is the weather, which is normal. Wow, there's a word I haven't heard in a long time.
Dion
Thanks Len for keeping us updated. Worrying about weather would be a welcome worry!
Keeping positive!
rgalla9146
Great job Len.
Keep us posted.
rmital
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 28 2020, 07:39 PM) *

Hopefully, the only worry we'll have is the weather, which is normal.

weather looking great for that weekend smoke.gif maybe just some rain Sunday for the trip home..... happy11.gif
Click to view attachment
914dave
Now that we know the weather is going to be good. It's time to make those reservations people!!!
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
Big Len
A number of good news announcements will be forthcoming. Stay tuned.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 9 2020, 01:33 PM) *

309.gif
@Big Len

PLEASE PM me with address once you have an exact date, and approximate headcount.

I have a box or two of my 914 Narp gear for ya'll.

Oscar

BeatNavy
Oscar, you are the man!

QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 9 2020, 04:33 PM) *

I'd settle for ONE good news announcement, Len, but I will stay tuned piratenanner.gif
Big Len
Things are opening up in PA and finally looking good with 5 weeks to go. We'll be one of the first local PCA events of the year and with so many past cancellations, it's going to feel SO good to get out. Saigon Bob and Dave Toppin have been working hard with the many tweaks and questions we've had to overcome and trying to make this a memorable event. Thank you guys. So a couple of updates with more on the way -

It looks like this will be a PCA sponsored event. The paperwork is in and we're awaiting the final word.

An event Facebook site has been added to keep attendees up to date. Find us at
https://www.facebook.com/events/618641998739703/

So far, 14 rooms are reserved with 6 left. If you're going to go, make the reservation soon.

There is no pool at the hotel. My fault, I checked a box on my hotel list that was incorrect.

We've added a min swap meet for Saturday afternoon. If you need something, post it. If you have some items, post them, but try to keep price negotiations off the main thread. PM each other for that.

Anybody have a drone for aerial pics? Let me know. Thanks.

theer
Count me in! I Just booked a room. But didn’t get the special rate. The guy at the desk had no idea what I was talking about. I’ll call back in the morning to figure it out.
Big Len
Push the number prompt for the front desk.
14carrot
Hey Len, most everything up here in the great white north is cancelled, including my track days and our 24 Minutes of Le Mans 914 parade lap tribute, so I'm stoked at the thought of joining you guys if the powers that be open borders and it is deemed safe to travel. It will be great if some of us up here are able to carry the torch for the PCA Upper Canada Region to your event.
As mentioned before, I'll be bunking at Tony A's if coming so no need for hotel accommodations.

Thanks to everyone that's lending a hand. It's a huge amount of work!

Click to view attachment
theer
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 10 2020, 09:48 PM) *

Push the number prompt for the front desk.

Yep- that’s what I did. Guy at the desk had no idea how to access the special rate.
Big Len
Hey Tom, ask for Bonnie if person who answers can't find it.
saigon71
For the swap meet, I'm in the market for a couple of decent used half shafts.
StarBear
Here's my "available" list; all in VG or lightly used condition:
2 windshield wipers
1 headlight switch
2 visor clips, rods
2 2.0 intake gaskets - V. Reinz
1 front signal lense gasket
16 regular lug nuts (not for Mahles)
1 horn; 400HZ
2 flasher/signal relays (URO)
1 screw jack - Bilstein; black top (not chrome); 75-76 I believe
1 main relay board; clean and full back sealing
flag.gif
StarBear
Here's my "wanted" list:
1 Drivers side left foot corner carpet; 2 longitudnals - VG or NOS only
1 Left rear caliper (spare; 2 bleed nipples)
1 resistor block/cluster (L-Jet)
So thankful that my "wanted" list is WAY shorter than my "available" list.
914dave
icon_bump.gif
lvnzdrm
Room is booked, driving out of Virginia. See everyone in a month!!!
nditiz1
Looks like the wife scheduled a beach trip starting Sat, BUT I will be able to meetup on Friday!
Big Len
UPDATED INFO : One month to go.

Cut off date for reservations will be July 1.

We are PCA sponsored event, so PCA helps us with insurance issues and because backing, all attendees with reservations will get a really nice commemorative gift. Thank you, Porsche Club of America.

Saturday night dinner, because of the difficulty in getting reservations and a lack of capacity, we're having a great BBQ Saturday night at the hotel with burgers, my spicy jerk wings, and dogs.

Saturday Night, a raffle will be held for all the really generous donations by our 914 vendors, suppliers, and friends. Everybody gets a ticket.

For an extra bonus, PM your name and email and you'll receive percentage off coupons from 914 Rubber and possibly others.

People are working behind the scenes to really make this a good time. Why? We want to do it again next year.
BENBRO02
Room is booked and my wife is planning to join me. I took Friday off and will probably leave in the morning if anyone wants to caravan from northern Virginia.
914dave
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Jun 16 2020, 03:56 PM) *

Room is booked and my wife is planning to join me. I took Friday off and will probably leave in the morning if anyone wants to caravan from northern Virginia.

You should touch base with Jon ( Lvnzdrm). He’s leaving Richmond to meet me at my place mid to late Friday morning north of Philly. We’re taking the scenic Delaware river drive from my place to the hotel. There’s a couple good lunch places along the way. You’re welcome to join in
Big Len
QUOTE(14carrot @ Jun 10 2020, 10:08 PM) *

Hey Len, most everything up here in the great white north is cancelled, including my track days and our 24 Minutes of Le Mans 914 parade lap tribute, so I'm stoked at the thought of joining you guys if the powers that be open borders and it is deemed safe to travel. It will be great if some of us up here are able to carry the torch for the PCA Upper Canada Region to your event.
As mentioned before, I'll be bunking at Tony A's if coming so no need for hotel accommodations.

Thanks to everyone that's lending a hand. It's a huge amount of work!

Click to view attachment

Bring it John !!
BENBRO02
QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 16 2020, 04:10 PM) *

You should touch base with Jon ( Lvnzdrm). He’s leaving Richmond to meet me at my place mid to late Friday morning north of Philly. We’re taking the scenic Delaware river drive from my place to the hotel. There’s a couple good lunch places along the way. You’re welcome to join in

Will do, Thanks Dave
rgolia

Dave - count me in for the ride up the river. Just give me an approximate time and I will meet you along the drive near new hope.
914dave
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jun 17 2020, 03:54 PM) *

Dave - count me in for the ride up the river. Just give me an approximate time and I will meet you along the drive near new hope.

huh.gif
Sounds good Ralph! Will let you know.
theer
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 10 2020, 10:22 PM) *

Thanks, Len - that did the trick. Bonnie got me all straightened out.
Big Len
QUOTE(theer @ Jun 17 2020, 05:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 10 2020, 10:22 PM) *

Thanks, Len - that did the trick. Bonnie got me all straightened out.

Bonnie's the man, errr woman.
nditiz1
@BENBRO02 - on your way up to the meet I can follow you while you are passing through MD, barring I get this heating issue worked out
BENBRO02
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jun 17 2020, 10:04 PM) *

@BENBRO02 - on your way up to the meet I can follow you while you are passing through MD, barring I get this heating issue worked out

Sounds good. I'm probably going to meetup with Jon from Richmond when he comes through Woodbridge and then meet you and drive to PA to meet Dave Toppin for lunch.
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
914dave
icon_bump.gif
rmital
Len is out there (PA) today scoping things out. He's putting lots of effort/planning into this event. flag.gif
914dave
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 23 2020, 01:50 PM) *

Len is out there (PA) today scoping things out. He's putting lots of effort/planning into this event. flag.gif

Did a trial run of the drive on Sunday. Once we get a hard number I’ll get the lunch spot worked out. Get those cars in working order. We’re going to cover some ground!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 23 2020, 01:50 PM) *

Len is the man! I'll be sure to give him a good Yelp review. smile.gif

Of course I may also say:

"One star -- all the roads were too twisty"

"One star -- the other cars were nicer than mine"

"One star -- E Stroudsburg is too far for me to drive a 914"

and of course

"One star -- the beer was too cold" biggrin.gif
Big Len
We have 20 rooms reserved and that's not counting day trippers.
ValcoOscar
Tapping foot...

I need an address to ship out some of my 914 Gear swag. confused24.gif

Oscar
saigon71
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 23 2020, 04:15 PM) *

Tapping foot...

I need an address to ship out some of my 914 Gear swag. confused24.gif

Oscar

PM Coming your way Oscar. With a huge East Coast THANK YOU! beerchug.gif
rgalla9146
Gonna be great.
Get to meet many and put names and faces with avatars.
Plenty of our favorite cars as a bonus.
Big Len
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 23 2020, 08:00 PM) *

Gonna be great.
Get to meet many and put names and faces with avatars.
Plenty of our favorite cars as a bonus.

agree.gif piratenanner.gif
914Steve
I plan on joining with 1 guess just for Saturday portion. Thanks Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.