Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking at making new wiper blades - replacable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I'm looking at making the replacement blades for the old Bosch wiper blades as the new fittings are not quote right. I have access to some really exotic silicones and I'm sure I can make something that will to the job well, just trying to see what profiles are out there and how common they are.

So please post up pics of what you got. We can number them in the order they are put up and if you see yours posted you can just say I have the type in the #3 picture, So I can get an idea of what's out there. We can to support metal if needed which may be the way it goes, but I'm trying to keep the costs and price down on these.

So, what do ya got?
Chris914n6
Best blades I've seen were used back when I worked at Lexus. Simply a rubber blade with the 2 SS beams that held its shape that slide into the frame with clips on both ends.

I think the aftermarket basically decided the extra cost of the frame was worth the ease of just clipping the new blade on.

The blade itself has fillers like graphite for smoothness, to hold shape, and reduce sun deterioration.

The key part is the sharpness of the contact edge that needs to keep consistent contact with a curving surface.

I think I bought Bosch wipers last time. They sit in the truck in case I need them, otherwise our sun just kills them in a year and they never actually get used.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.