Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh oh....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
As I was rotating my wheels, I see one front wheel stud is shorter. I shot pics before putting the wheel on.
IIRC, this stud had some movement several years ago. Not sure how to proceed.
The billet hubs are mounted onto the rotors; these are the one Brad Roberts sold awhile back.

Calipers show how much thread is showing
@Mueller
Root_Werks
Look like threaded studs, double-nut and turn it out. Probably held in place with thread locker.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 26 2020, 04:07 PM) *

Look like threaded studs, double-nut and turn it out. Probably held in place with thread locker.

agree.gif

Take two out and compare the length, if you are lucky, this one just ended up deeper than the others.

Otherwise replace it with a longer one to match the others.
popcorn[1].gif
jim_hoyland
They started out the same length. I noticed this one stud had worked its way down when changing the wheels previously.
Can't remember if the studs are threaded inside and screwed in or had splines and pressed in.
Double nuts; I'll pick up tomorrow, what size will I need ?

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 26 2020, 05:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Feb 26 2020, 04:07 PM) *

agree.gif

Take two out and compare the length, if you are lucky, this one just ended up deeper than the others.

Otherwise replace it with a longer one to match the others.
popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
Safe to say at least one is not threaded. Sorry
bob164
Jim, you will need M14 1.5 nuts, I think Bay Hardware in Seal Beach has them, if not try Hilco Fasteners in Garden Grove.
Bob
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(bob164 @ Feb 26 2020, 06:42 PM) *

Jim, you will need M14 1.5 nuts, I think Bay Hardware in Seal Beach has them, if not try Hilco Fasteners in Garden Grove.
Bob

Thanks. Will go over tomorrow smile.gif
DickSteinkamp
Generally, threaded wheel studs have a "stop" so that they all go in to the same depth...

Click to view attachment

If the one was forced in past the stop, the threads in the hub could be damaged.
Mueller
Brad had a few versions made. The version I drew up only had 4 lugs.

Mine had steel Timecerts with longer BBS racing studs with a non-threaded section like those shown above (BBS studs are all black)

If the studs on my design pushed further inboard it would bottom out sooner than your picture shows.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.