Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 914-6 conversion 2.7. R7 case motor with CSI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
billh1963
Rob will be listing the car on BaT. He asked me to remove the ad.
billh1963
Edited
davehg
Lotta car for the money. GLWS
flat4guy
I was watching this last time it was for sale - now that it is closer I may have to get serious.
Super90
Looks like a nice build and the chrome bumpers & polished Fuchs really look nice.

For the serious lookers, I found the posting on the build and sale. GLWS. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=340929&hl=

G
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Feb 29 2020, 10:22 PM) *

I was watching this last time it was for sale - now that it is closer I may have to get serious.

When was that? I recall a 6-conversion in this color or similar from Canada a few years ago. ...?
AlanG
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Mar 1 2020, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(flat4guy @ Feb 29 2020, 10:22 PM) *

When was that? I recall a 6-conversion in this color or similar from Canada a few years ago. ...?

I was wondering the same as I recall that car too.
BK911
That is the car from Canada.
It had a weber'd 2.2S engine in it.
I bought it for the engine, then sold the roller to somebody up near Chicago somewhere.
He installed the 2.7 and sold it to BillH.
rjames
QUOTE(BK911 @ Mar 2 2020, 12:10 PM) *

That is the car from Canada.
It had a weber'd 2.2S engine in it.
I bought it for the engine, then sold the roller to somebody up near Chicago somewhere.
He installed the 2.7 and sold it to BillH.

This one?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1465598

And the same car with a bit of a color change:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...6&st=0&
sholman5
Wishing that my pockets were a little bit deeper. headbang.gif
914z
QUOTE(davehg @ Feb 29 2020, 12:28 PM) *

Lotta car for the money. GLWS

Is this the one from Canada?
If so it is well priced, but if it is going to reside down here it will need a front oil cooler...ALL 2.7l's do shades.gif
2mAn
The timing might actually work out for me for once!...

newb question: Whats special about the 7R case? Not magnesium?
JmuRiz
QUOTE(2mAn @ Mar 5 2020, 09:04 AM) *

Nothing really, it's still a mag case...so $$ for a rebuild, but it's also the same basis of the 2.7RS engine. It's the best of the mag cases.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 2.7CIS 7R case to a 2.7RS+ spec. It ain't cheap, but should be fun biggrin.gif

FWIW, you would be hard pressed to build this car for the money...looks sharp and I like the ease of start-up of that CIS system.
mepstein
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 5 2020, 12:29 PM) *

Nothing really, it's still a mag case...so $$ for a rebuild, but it's also the same basis of the 2.7RS engine. It's the best of the mag cases.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 2.7CIS 7R case to a 2.7RS+ spec. It ain't cheap, but should be fun biggrin.gif

FWIW, you would be hard pressed to build this car for the money...looks sharp and I like the ease of start-up of that CIS system.

& buying from Bill will be a pleasure, not a hassle.
billh1963
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 5 2020, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 5 2020, 12:29 PM) *

& buying from Bill will be a pleasure, not a hassle.

Thank you, Mark, for the vote of confidence.

In this case I'm not selling....Rob is.

edit
davehg
A clean -6 conversion for $29k? Unless there were rust concerns beyond the small door bubble, I am surprised this is still here.

The 2.7 puts out a clean 175 hp stock. You can spend a chunk more like I did to take the power to 235hp, using a solex cam, RS pistons, carbs, and a twin plug setup. 2.7s get a mixed rap among 911 owners but they are pretty great motors and much cheaper than comparable 3.0 or 3.2, just need to be sure the usual issues are dealt with. Their only downside is that a rebuild can add a few extra dollars at the machine shop. A running dry 2.7 is a great place to start, and the basis for a few quick mods (cam and pistons).

Building your own -6 conversion is at least a $20k proposition plus the donor car. Like JMIRiz, I also built a 2.7 Euro RS spec, and am already at about $18-20k in just the engine alone. The bill from Ollies was $4500.

With this one, you are at least $10-15k ahead. If you are on the fence, get off and buy it. If it were mine, I’d sell the CIS, add PMOs or Weber’s, and a solex cam. Great sound, fun power, for easy money.
Bgyglfr
Funny. I was the guy that originally installed that 2.7 in it a couple owners ago. I think it's a 73 2.4 7r case with the spigots bored for the 2.7. It was a solid motor that I bought from a friend. I sold it with some sorting left to do a few years back. It looks like most if not all of the sorting is done now. I can vouch for the integrity of the body aside from a little denting in the front trunk from a jack possibly? it's a pretty car in person. Those interested in it are welcome to reach out to me.
billh1963
I think it's going on BaT next week.

Going forward I think that if I'm selling a really solid car of a desirable marque that's the best venue.

Marque specific forums are almost never the best place to sell a higher priced car.
billh1963
Car is tentatively sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.