Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Engine on Craigslist for $3,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jengah
Hi All -

It doesn't seem like the group uses the Craigslist Forum very much (like they do on Rennlist) so I'm posting this here to get more attention.

I apologize if this was already posted. I have no affiliation - just seemed like a good deal

https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/d/laredo...7064590642.html

Hope this helps someone.
Literati914
Been up for weeks, I've been trying to contact the seller but no replies.
mepstein
It’s an ok deal if it has Weber carbs and you need a replacement engine for a real six but it’s still $10-15K rebuild.
Literati914
The way I look at some of these 'cheap' 6 engines (that turn freely) is that they can be a good starting point for a conversion. maybe it has poor leak down numbers but would make due for a year or so, on the road. That way, you can go ahead and buy all the other expensive conversion items, scratch the itch... before moving on to a 3.0+ engine. Some/most sellers will be able to confirm whether they ran or not too.
Jengah
Gotcha - well, fingers crossed that it's an awsome engine and someone scores a deal.

Best of luck.
bretth
Strange that palleted engine, exhaust etc, sitting in a clean carpeted room like that.
Tdskip
Looks like warehouse office carpet to me
Literati914
That map looks to be out in the middle of nowhere too!!
fduval
Looks like there is no fan nor alternator & wiring!!
Literati914
I asked the seller just a few specific questions and he replied vaguely and ignored specifics and most of the questions. Also, this engine is listed in Houston (still) but the seller did say that he moved to another state/city and the engine is with him there... but I see it's not listed in that city's craigslist, weird.

After that conversation, I asked if I could send a friend (from the city it's in now) to look it over - no reply for days now.
gereed75
Sounds scammy. Whenever the whole things starts with a story like “it is with friend” or something like that it is very suspicious.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.