Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: KITTENS!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I was up in Yreka, CA with my wife and my parents, visiting with my wife's grandparents. We were eating at the Black Bear Diner, and Granny tells us about a couple kittens that were abandoned on the doorstep of a 90 year old frined of theirs. He is deaf and can't take care of them. After much discussion (we already had 4 cats) we decided we'd go check them out. When we got there there was just a box on the porch, and no kittens. After a little frantic calling, they came running over from a parking lot across the alley. We had to take them... there's no way these little guys would survive, as they were roaming around a few hundred feet from the busiest street in Yreka.

So now we have 6 cats.. and here is a pic of the newest additions.. Creamsicle and Grasshopper! biggrin.gif

bd1308
my family saved a abandoned cat with a broken arm...was like 3 weeks old. he's wild.
ClayPerrine
You should get a big, mean tomcat and name it "GT"!!!!
TonyAKAVW
From the looks of it they seem to be pretty much rust free.

So now you need a bulbebee to complete the trio. I reccomend taking one of the other cats and introducing them to some black spray paint and then yellow.

-Tony
ClayPerrine
Should have been Creamsickle and Bumblebee. Then you could have referred to the mythical third cat called "Grasshopper".

Katmanken
Bless you cat person.... aktion035.gif

Better fatten them up a little biggrin.gif

Found cats are best. They really appreciate where they are and let you know.

Me, I got two younger rowdies that I've been taking care of since their mom died (when they were 4 weeks old). They are about 9 weeks old now.

Enjoy them! They is better than puppies..... mueba.gif

We need a rubbing up against you and purring smilie..

Ken
bd1308
yeah my cat at home begs for food....it's hillarious!
redshift
Cats are for snakes.

-runs-

M
Meredith
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 5 2005, 01:18 PM)
Cats are for snakes.

-runs-

M

...and dogs.

-runs faster-
Katmanken
Actually,

My cats like snakes chowtime.gif

AND dogs sawzall-smiley.gif chair.gif

Ever see a German Shepherd that's being stalked by 2 cats? One acts as decoy (hey! bark at ME buddy!). The other cat moves around behind the dog and attaches himself to the dogs flanks with his front claws while buzzsawing the dogs "tenders" with his his back claws....

Dog stops barking, gets a funny look and bolts...

Yep Miles, come on over and let me rub snake oil, er.... I mean sun blocker on you.....

Meredith, send your dog for "training"....

Ken
Dave_Darling
It's bad news for dogs when the cats start teaming up. Especially Siamese cats--but those suckers are mean anyway!

I have a friend who had two Siamese cats. One of the neighbors had a pit bull, and refused to restrain it--it ran all over the neighborhood, terrifying the local cats and intimidating the people. One day, the pit bull came over to my friends yard and chased the Siamese around (again).

The cats were up in a tree, and my friend said they just looked at each other, and started climbing down. "You could almost see them telling each other 'OK, that's enough of this BS!'" Three minutes later, the dog was dead.

The lesson is: Don't mess with Siamese cats!

--DD
Toast
Its been awhile since I posted a pic of my Refugee Kitty.

Here is a pic I took about 3 weeks ago. wub.gif

This is the kitten that I rescued from the Honeysuckle bush when he was 3 days old. Moma and family had moved and left him behind. sad.gif

He is now 16 weeks! ohmy.gif Dang how time flies.
Katmanken
Toast!

Whatcha doing with one of my kittens? blink.gif

Looks just like her.....

Ken
Toast
Ken,
It's my lover Boy. laugh.gif
I snaged him from your bush. chairfall.gif
Mrs. K
This is "Salem" rescued 5 years ago, he only weighed 1.5lbs!

He likes to "think outside the box" cat.gif
Mrs. K
And this is "Graycie"....don't mess with her!

Katmanken
Here's my new pair of matched bookends...

That's Mango Tango on the left (aka Mangle Tangle when she's wild) annd Emburr the male on the right. Emburr likes to stick to your shirt like a little burr.....

They are replacents for my old cat Kitters who used to cruise the board with me. He liked me to read messages to him and frequently made comments (my cat is not amused....) . He died in January at 18.

Ken
Joe Bob
Floyd...aka..."the mad shitter"....

One paralyzed leg....16 lbs.....gud gopher getter....

Dead Air
That's "Escher" on the left, yeah the "Hand drawing a hand"

And Claypool on the right, Primus's bass player
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Dave Eddy @ Jul 6 2005, 06:56 PM)
That's "Escher" on the left, yeah the "Hand drawing a hand"

And Claypool on the right, Primus's bass player

Wow....your cats look like triplets with my Salem!

Lisa laugh.gif
Dead Air
Escher was rescued, too. Sight unseen - I only knew he was all black. And less than a year old. And stray - abandoned by students when they moved out of the apartment in June. He found me (Nan) in October 2000. He was a little odd when he first came "home" and still has his moments, but...

And Claypool should be schizoid with all the different "owners" (who owns who you might ask) and all the different names. But she's a sweet thing and has adjusted well. And so have we.
jhadler
Meyer and McGee... (Meyer has the white nose...)

Rescued litter mates.

Somewhere I have a picture of them sleeping in my new Forza racing seat...

Had to share...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.