Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Patrick Motorsports "Big Laguna"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sixnotfour
Love it all.. but the knee bar..is a knee bar.. too low.. ouch,, Stay buckled tight
eric9144
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 15 2021, 10:06 PM) *

The black wheels look perfect on your car! Same with that horn button. Where did you get that?

Horn button came from Car-bone via Sierra Madre Collection
eric9144
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 15 2021, 11:51 PM) *

Does that knee bar (from the cage) get in your way at all?
I'd never fit in there I'm afraid.
Your previous idea about some Konigs would be cool too if you can track 'em down.
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 16 2021, 01:15 AM) *

Love it all.. but the knee bar..is a knee bar.. too low.. ouch,, Stay buckled tight

Knee bar looks deceptively low in pics because of the custom dash and no lower dash pad at all, there's actually more room than it seems and with the Recaro Pole Positions I even have to scoot forward a bit.

@raynekat the Konigs are already in the garage in my /4 beerchug.gif
Bought them new in the late 90's, seat monkey not included
Click to view attachment
mepstein
I like the black Fuchs. It seems to direct me more to the body lines vs the shiny bling.
Luke M
Any better pics and info on the fender liners ?
Looks like the rears are on but no fronts?

TIA,
Root_Werks
Another + for the wheel choice. Just a timeless look on a 914 with flares.
pete000
I agree on the wheels, good choice. I would do the sail panel back to vinyl, but that just me...
ValcoOscar
Great updates Eric, love those wheels.

I see you're hanging with Jim (Lucky9146) beerchug.gif

Hope to see ya soon driving.gif

O
Shivers
Wow, congratulations. Such a beauty. Glad it's getting to stay here, in a happy home.
ClayPerrine
I love the wheels. But just my $.02... you should paint the dash black. White can reflect sunlight from behind the car.

Clay
eric9144
QUOTE(Luke M @ Mar 16 2021, 07:50 AM) *

Any better pics and info on the fender liners ?
Looks like the rears are on but no fronts?

TIA,

They're front and rear, I'll try to get better pics, they're pretty neat, simple but effective, there's no undercoating so it keeps most of the pebble/rock noise and impacts to a minimum, also keeps crap from collecting in the tight spots
eric9144
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 16 2021, 01:52 PM) *

I love the wheels. But just my $.02... you should paint the dash black. White can reflect sunlight from behind the car.

Clay

@ClayPerrine Do you mean the gauge cluster face? Dash is black, gauge cluster face is same as outside of the car, no reflection problems blink.gif
Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
New wheels look great! beer.gif
jat914
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 16 2021, 02:45 PM) *

New wheels look great! beer.gif

Excellent change on the wheels!!! It is an excekkent 914!!
jat914
I meant excellent. I just can't type!!
flyer86d
Who cares about the wheels, I just want a ride in that car! Power to weight.

Charlie
eric9144
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Mar 16 2021, 03:16 PM) *

Who cares about the wheels, I just want a ride in that car! Power to weight.

Charlie

w00t.gif its crazy, every time I drive it I feel as though there's a learning experience to be had thumb3d.gif
MM1
So glad to watch you living the dream!
Larmo63
Be careful hanging out with Jim - Lucky914-6, he's nothing but trouble!!

first.gif
eric9144
Finally trimmed out the black roof... was a longer and more involved project than I'd thought it was going to be. Getting the texture right was a PITA.
Ironically by the end of this, the silver roof has actually grown on me, but it's nice to have the option to change up the look from time to time.

New hardware from Bruce Stone, Rubber bits and headliner from 914rubber:
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
agree.gif

Have the same - Painted roof and stock texture, will be cool to mix-and-match. Doing the same with my deckled and wheels. I like the thought of being able to make small changes.

Looks great!
Lucky9146
Way behind the curve on this thread, sorry Eric! Was on a trip to FL and disconnected from technology for the most part for 2 weeks. Nice changes you have been making and I really like the wheel & tire choice, need in person update on them. The car is a beast I remember when you got it and brought it by not long after you got it.

I refinished a roof but the texture was ok so it was a respray that came out great. I think you nailed it on your roof texture. I wanted a choice in roofs too and have since acquired a spare roof, sanded it smooth, filling the rain groves and painted it gloss black. Have yet to final fit it but installed all 914 Rubber seals and headliner too.

Absolutely love the driving picture you posted a few pages back.

Like that your thread is getting the attention it deserves. Stop by anytime.

driving.gif white914.jpg
Coondog
Looks good...... smile.gif
CCE
Incredible car, with an incredible collection of parts, congratulations… I am now your fan..

No one mentioned the McIntosh radio. It all works smilie_pokal.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(CCE @ Feb 9 2023, 07:27 PM) *

Incredible car, with an incredible collection of parts, congratulations… I am now your fan..

No one mentioned the McIntosh radio. It all works smilie_pokal.gif

Ha! Yes there's that too, it's awesome (with the car off) a bit tough to appreciate with the car on vs the exhaust note!

I probably should throw some updates on this thread as it's been a bit dry.gif
Root_Werks
Roof turned out nice! Reminds me I really need to either redo mine or source one that's in better shape.
Justinp71

Interesting that oil cooler just looks a bit bigger than the stock 914-6GT cooler, but there is no engine cooler. Does it stay nice and cool? Have you done any track racing with it?
flat4guy
What width spacer you running in the front?
DRPHIL914
what product did you use for the top texture? that seems really close to stock , turned out great.

Phil
eric9144
@DRPHIL914 Wurth SKS along with the special spray gun--"test" the sprayouts on some cardboard or something until you're feeling good about how it's coming out and then go for it on the roof panel--tried to find a pic of the material but google will pull it back--here's the gun:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.