Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you ship a rear trunk lid?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Alfred
I went to UPS.com and entered the approximate dimensions of the rear trunk lid and I got the error message "Package exceeds the maximum size total constraints of 130 inches (length + girth, where girth is 2 x width plus 2 x height)". I got a similar message at FedEx.com so how could such an item be shipped?

Alfred
MarkV
Greyhound Bus is what I used. agree.gif
Alfred
From where to where did you have it shipped and how much did it cost? How was it packed so that it wasn't damaged?

Thanks,
Alfred
Alfred
I went to Greyhound's web site - I don't think they ship internationally.

Alfred
MarkV
San Diego to Tucson $40.00. Shipped wrapped in cardboard arrived in perfect condition. Only paid $40.00 for the deck so I didn't mind paying $40.00 for shipping.
Alfred
Thanks for the information, Mark.
MarkV
You could use a common carrier. I bought a hood & had it shipped common carrier, it arrived looking like someone walked on it. It was shipped in a box from a FG hood that looked like it would withstand anything. Anything, except someone walking on it.

Internationally as in North America?
Alfred
Yeah, I'm in Canada. I emailed Greyhound to ask if they ship from the States to Canada ... I'll have to wait to hear what they say.

Alfred
seanery
I used to work for a video equipment company. We used greyhound on a number of occasions. The ship fast and are very reliable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.