Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 facebook page
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I looked at the 914 facebook classified page. Seems to be the way the samba and ebay has gone with pie in the sky prices for everything. First and last look.
Unobtanium-inc
But it's a Porch!
StarBear
Or a pooch. Hopefully, its VIN is in the database.
KELTY360
I'm a proud non-adopter of facebook so this just adds to the pile of reasons why. Regardless, how could the advertiser possibly know that the engine and transmission are good? confused24.gif barf.gif
Nogoodwithusernames
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 2 2020, 04:01 PM) *

I'm a proud non-adopter of facebook so this just adds to the pile of reasons why. Regardless, how could the advertiser possibly know that the engine and transmission are good? confused24.gif barf.gif

Because it ran when parked of course! lol-2.gif
914werke
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 2 2020, 06:05 AM) *
Seems to be the way the samba and ebay has gone with pie in the sky prices for everything.

Ya I never quite understood that especially re TheSamba & the reputation that VW peeps have for being UBER cheap! screwy.gif
horizontally-opposed
They said FB and IG would kill car forums.

But I don't think so—because the forum is a far better vehicle for technical discussion as well as future research. Tip o' the hat to SirAndy and everyone else who makes this 914 community possible and vibrant. I frankly think it's the best car forum I visit...
MartyYeoman

I'm a proud non-adopter of facebook.

agree.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Mar 3 2020, 02:39 PM) *

agree.gif

I've never signed up but both my motorcycle builder and the dog breeder we got our puppy from use facebook to post their progress. Luckily, you don't have to sign up just to view the pages.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Mar 3 2020, 01:39 PM) *

agree.gif

I had a facebook page. It turned into a real time suck for me, so I quit facebook.

I have a garage full of projects that I need to get on. smash.gif
Unobtanium-inc
I found a happy middle ground for Facebook. I deleted it from my phone, so I still check it from my computer but it keeps it to arms length. Facebook is a good place to keep up with distant family and friends you may never see again, but it's fun to share kid pics and life updates, etc. Like a lot of things in life, moderation is the key. Same with Instagram, I am not very active on there, I think I follow about 200 people, though I think about 16000 follow me, but again, I check in once or twice a day, so it's not non-stop.
Root_Werks
This is as social as I get in media.

You've heard the Social media joke right? If not:

Breaking News! YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are merging to form a super giant Social Media platform. The Re-org'd company will be called "YouTwitFace"
SirAndy
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 3 2020, 11:53 AM) *
Facebook is a good place to keep up with distant family and friends you may never see again

Same here, allows me to easily stay in touch with family and friends back in Germany (or wherever else around the world they are by now).
smile.gif

porschetub
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Mar 4 2020, 08:39 AM) *

agree.gif

Yep me too,when my daughter was having mental health issues as a teen she got harassed by some very nasty people on FB,10yrs on she is now fully recovered and has a very good high paying job in retail management the same girls are trying to be her friend and some are hoping she will get them jobs in her organization ….karma is real biggrin.gif .
dr914@autoatlanta.com
because a few 914s have sold for a lot of money, these nut cases have jumped on the band wagon thinking Junk are jewels, totally ridiculous

I love it when people tell ME what a 914 is worth. (but equally LOVE all of their high appraisals!)
914Sixer
If it say PORSCHE it means $$$$, lol.
RickS
No se habla Fecebook. As a retired data security analyst, I can definitely say the security risks are too high. The less “connected” you are in general, the safer you, your family, possessions and money are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.