Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rear boge sachs shock absorbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I have an opportunity to have factory identical boge sachs rear oil shocks remade for the 914. Boge/Sachs has totally discontinued them. Front ones are still available, so once again, 914s could have the stock suspension setup. I would have to have 200 made. They would be the exact factory color and have the interested in new production 91433305102 part number stamped into them. They would retail for 150 a set of two.

Please what do you think?
porschetub
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 3 2020, 04:43 AM) *

I have an opportunity to have factory identical boge sachs rear oil shocks remade for the 914. Boge/Sachs has totally discontinued them. Front ones are still available, so once again, 914s could have the stock suspension setup. I would have to have 200 made. They would be the exact factory color and have the interested in new production 91433305102 part number stamped into them. They would retail for 150 a set of two.

Real need for these ,strange how they stopped making the rears dry.gif have run this brand on other cars and always been happy with them.
Are they made in Mexico ?
BENBRO02
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 2 2020, 10:43 AM) *

I have them on my car and love the ride and handling. I don't see the need to upgrade to anything else that makes the ride harsh.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no will be made in europe

QUOTE(porschetub @ Mar 2 2020, 11:55 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 3 2020, 04:43 AM) *

Real need for these ,strange how they stopped making the rears dry.gif have run this brand on other cars and always been happy with them.
Are they made in Mexico ?

mb911
That's what I wanted originally.. What do you think cost would be?
alexkirkham
I have some boges on the back and I love the ride - would definitely buy them again... (koni reds on the front: the boges seemed a bit bouncy there...)
Sprout
I’d be in for a pair!
JFJ914
I'd be in for a pair, got to get rid of the KYB's. We're going to need the spring perches too.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good point! I woke up last night at 3am and it "dawned" on me that the shocks were no good without the perches as by now everyone has thrown them away. I will get them made as well

QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Mar 3 2020, 10:35 AM) *

I'd be in for a pair, got to get rid of the KYB's. We're going to need the spring perches too.

porschetub
Will they be the "light" gas touring or just pure hydraulic ?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
shocks are confirmed. 120 days out, exact copy of the original boge sachs and the correct color. Will restore the factory ride. We already have the factory stock rear springs and the front boge sachs shocks to match.

Pre order is here, no money paid until on the dock with a tracking number. 75 each to club members, 95 when stock arrives (just mention this post in the notes to get the pre order club price

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Pre-Ord...1433305102.html
Mikey914
Hate to say it but we're making the Eibach ones too. I can sell you perches as it is something that we are also making. Timing looks about he same.
mb911
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 11 2020, 08:16 AM) *

shocks are confirmed. 120 days out, exact copy of the original boge sachs and the correct color. Will restore the factory ride. We already have the factory stock rear springs and the front boge sachs shocks to match.

Pre order is here, no money paid until on the dock with a tracking number. 75 each to club members, 95 when stock arrives (just mention this post in the notes to get the pre order club price

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Pre-Ord...1433305102.html

@dr914 @autoatlanta.com that's great pricing..
914werke
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 11 2020, 09:16 AM) *

Ya ... sounds like the console clock program screwy.gif shades.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
it is actually not, the clocks are finished now just need to arrange the transport, putting together with some other parts

QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 12 2020, 08:23 AM) *

dr914@autoatlanta.com
we are also duplicating the factory spring perches for the 914 rear boge shocks

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 12 2020, 09:41 AM) *

it is actually not, the clocks are finished now just need to arrange the transport, putting together with some other parts

QUOTE(914werke @ Mar 12 2020, 08:23 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.