Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone running 7" cookies with 225s? (no spacers)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I will be doing custom flares.. I don't want to have to roll the lip. Anyone know how much I will have to bring the fenders out? If not, anyone have the rotor to rotor width measurement? Then I could just measure the wheels and work it out that way.
brant
I think that compared to a 6inch cookie... the 7inch is exactly one inch wider in track.

so that would be a good goal... maybe a tiny bit more for safetys sake.

brant
Aaron Cox
ill be doing this too...

rears i have some stretched fenders.... but can i fit 225's under stock fronts?

AA
brant
some people claim to get 225's under the rear...
I'm not one of them

but the front is fine.
they will rub the inside fender well at full lock, but the solution is to not turn that sharp.

I've run 7inch cookies and 225's on 2 different cars and had NO problem with front fitment.

brant
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 5 2005, 01:36 PM)
I'm not one of them

but the front is fine.
they will rub the inside fender well at full lock, but the solution is to not turn that sharp.

I've run 7inch cookies and 225's on 2 different cars and had NO problem with front fitment.

brant

really? wow. that is good news....

was gonna go 205's on 7" in front and 225's on 8" in rear
brant
On a street car it might effect your turning radius.
and I can't speak for Autox although I doubt it would be a problem...

on the track I've never had any problem, or need to turn that tight... the only time mine rub is in the pits.

brant
bondo
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 5 2005, 01:36 PM)
I'm not one of them

but the front is fine.

brant

Hmm, do they rub at the front or back of the fronts? How much spacer would be required to eliminate that?
brant
I think its the back side of the tire that rubs...
don't know how much spacer exactly..
There isn't a ton of room on the outboard side (depending upon how low the car is) so I never tried spacers....

plus, you would need to buy 10 longer studs too.

sorry can't answer your question. Maybe someone else knows.

brant
bondo
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 5 2005, 01:54 PM)
There isn't a ton of room on the outboard side (depending upon how low the car is) so I never tried spacers....

sorry can't answer your question. Maybe someone else knows.

brant

Does anyone know if 215s don't rub? If that's the case, a 5 mm spacer SHOULD do it.
Aaron Cox
rubs only at full lock apparently....

good luck finding some nice tires ina 215..... oddball size
Mueller
QUOTE (bondo @ Jul 5 2005, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 5 2005, 01:54 PM)

sorry can't answer your question.  Maybe someone else knows.

brant

Does anyone know if 215s don't rub? If that's the case, a 5 mm spacer SHOULD do it.

depends on the manufacture....you might get lucky with one brand and get hosed years later if you have to change brands........

J P Stein
With cookies & 225 Hoosiers
I had to flare at both ends to clear *everywhere* and thru the range of suspension travel ......just like a real car.

Mine is an autocrosser and I won't put with any rubbing as our rough, often tight course will expose any interference.
I will admit, full lock means I've fucked up, but it will save a run...sometimes.
Had to do more tuck & snip with my latest tires.

I had to(well, I didn't, but I did)loan my car to a friend this last AX cause his tail dragger was rubbing......now he's in the "owes me" column and I got to offer sage advice. "Them's are real nice 17in Fiske wheels & steam roller tiars. Why don't you trade em' in on sumthin that fits?" laugh.gif
bondo
Ok, based on what's been said... I think I'll add an inch of width to each fender. That way I can add a spacer up front if the insides rub. I may get V-calipers in the rear (depending on final pricing) which require a rotor spacer, so it'd be nice to have some room for that too. Does an inch sound like enough?
mskala
QUOTE (brant @ Jul 5 2005, 02:59 PM)
I think that compared to a 6inch cookie... the 7inch is exactly one inch wider in track.

so that would be a good goal... maybe a tiny bit more for safetys sake.

brant

agree.gif

And also, I run 1/4 spacers on the front with my 6x15's with
205/50 and it still rubs a bit at full lock.

Oh yeah, and with mucho camber in the rear, the right side
has rubbed the _inside_ of the wheel well. Maybe go slightly
more than 1 inch if you are not going for the ultra-wide look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.