Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Switch Hunt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
coupelover
Need to replace my two (2 pole door switches) for my 74 as they are corroded. I'm seeing part #96861360100 all over the place (for 924's, 928's and 968's) and they look very similar. Does anyone know if they will fit? This forum refers to VW van switches being interchangeable also. If that is true, does anyone have a part number? Hesitant to buy used because these things all went south pretty quick.

914_7T3
@Chi town would probably have those.
914sgofast2
Yes, they fit. I have used them on my 914.
StarBear
Check the connector spade width. The early '74s (1.8L, like mine) used a thinner spade; got replacements from a VW parts supplier. Or, use the wider spade and replace the wire connector.
Tom_T
QUOTE(coupelover @ Mar 4 2020, 11:02 AM) *

Need to replace my two (2 pole door switches) for my 74 as they are corroded. I'm seeing part #96861360100 all over the place (for 924's, 928's and 968's) and they look very similar. Does anyone know if they will fit? This forum refers to VW van switches being interchangeable also. If that is true, does anyone have a part number? Hesitant to buy used because these things all went south pretty quick.

YES

They were all originally VW parts, so yes you can use them from a VW parts source, but stick with a VW or OEM part for good quality. GoWesty, Bus Depot, Van Cafe, etc. & other VW parts suppliers carry them. Also used on Beetles, Super Beetles, Ghias, Fast/Squarebacks, 411/412, Bus/Vanagon, etc.

You can get the part no. by downloading the 914 PET parts manual for free from the Porsche website under their classic documents section. Then you can check for part nos. for everything.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
FlacaProductions
Are the parking brake and door switches the same?
scallyk9
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Mar 4 2020, 05:01 PM) *

Are the parking brake and door switches the same?

No. The door contact switch is two pole with two very small spade connectors and weird plastic barrier between the two while the parking brake switch is single pole with a standard sized spade. I bought both at the same time from Sierra Madre Collection and found them switched in their online catalog. Since I needed both at the same time, it worked out on my 1974 914. I just ordered another door contact switch for the same car and had to order the parking brake switch instead. Like mentioned earlier, the early models used a different door switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.