Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: NOS Trigger points for a D-jet.-Found. Thank you
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PCH
Anyone have a set of NOS trigger points for a 1971 1.7 l Djet?

We finally figured out our Djet problem (no power underload above 3500 rpm). It was the trigger points! I have bought a couple of used ones and the cam contacts are so worn that they don't work properly.

Looking for an NOS set. Anyone have set sitting on the shelf in the back of their garage? Thank you!
914Sixer
GO to theSamba.com. Type in NOS Trigger Points. Set for $150 + shipping.
PCH
Thank you Mark for the help and advice! Those will do the trick. I look forward to measuring them for prosperity.

Peter
Tom_T
QUOTE(PCH @ Mar 4 2020, 01:10 PM) *

Thank you Mark for the help and advice! Those will do the trick. I look forward to measuring them for prosperity.

Peter

Peter, if not available on TheSamba, then try Rich Bontempi at HPH (High Performance House) in Redwood City CA, or AA for NOS parts.

Also, IIRC they are the same TPs as used in the VW 412 2.0L & late `70's Bus 2.0L, but verify part nos. for all sources with the one in the 914 PET Porsche parts manual (free download from Porsche website at their classics/documents section), &/or the Anders Djet parts list, or any other VW part interchange list.

PS - But stick with either Porsche, VW or OEM parts - not the aftermarket repros.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
PCH
Thank you Tom for the help and advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.