Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the 914 fixture set from Restoration Design, how does it work, and is it worth it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ace Le Count
What is the 914 fixture set from Restoration Design, how does it work, and is it worth it?
IronHillRestorations
Pretty sure it requires a fairly new Cellete frame bench. You attach the fixtures to the bench and then the car to the fixtures.
peteyd
The fixture set is made to work with a celette bench. It uses the mz towers from celette.

No one here owns a set so there wouldn't be any first hand knowledge you could get an opinion from. I am still meaning to assemble a set on one of our benches here, but I haven't had time to do so. When I have it set up, I will take photos and post some pictures.

These fixture sets are meant to be used in a shop where they will use them on more than one car. The cost of the set doesn't justify buying them for one car.

These work with Sevenne benches that use the mz tower system.

Pete
SirAndy
QUOTE(peteyd @ Mar 5 2020, 05:29 AM) *
No one here owns a set so there wouldn't be any first hand knowledge you could get an opinion from.

@peteyd

Well, that isn't entirely true ...
shades.gif
peteyd
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 5 2020, 10:48 AM) *

No one here owns a set so there wouldn't be any first hand knowledge you could get an opinion from.

@peteyd

shades.gif

@sirandy you're correct

Someone did purchase a set, but then returned them because the kit doesn't include a fixture for the rear shock tower.

Pete
SirAndy
QUOTE(peteyd @ Mar 6 2020, 08:32 AM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 5 2020, 10:48 AM) *

@peteyd

shades.gif

@sirandy you're correct

Someone did purchase a set, but then returned them because the kit doesn't include a fixture for the rear shock tower.

Let me start by saying that i love your products and all you guys do for the 914 community.

I'm the one who paid for that set and had it shipped to a well known shop in Michigan that does have a Celette bench. We ultimately decided it wasn't going to work for us, there were several issues with the set, the missing pieces for the rear shock towers being one of them.
shades.gif

Mikey914
If your west coast Cary in Portland area just completed his own. My car will be on it in a few days.

Is it worth having your own? depends on how many you need to fix I guess
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.