Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 six conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
scraperhand
Anybody know this car
https://www.automall-online.com/cars/1970-p...om-the-911_i328
ValcoOscar
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1182642
scraperhand
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 11:43 AM) *

Different vin i think
Ppm2u
Clearly they're both using the same photos though ..
drem914
is this the same white 6 that had the salvage title in Newport Beach a couple months ago?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(scraperhand @ Mar 6 2020, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 6 2020, 11:43 AM) *

Different vin i think

Same VIN...not a conversion blink.gif
Tdskip
Does look like the Newport car I looked at and passed along but don't think it is the same car. The Newport one was a 1973 and did not have a center console.
scraperhand
[quote name='ValcoOscar' date='Mar 6 2020, 12:44 PM' post='2791954']
[quote name='scraperhand' post='2791938' date='Mar 6 2020, 11:52 AM']
[quote name='ValcoOscar' post='2791932' date='Mar 6 2020, 11:43 AM']
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1182642
[/quote]

Different vin i think
[/quote]

Same VIN...not a conversion blink.gif
[/quote
Yeah 2 different vins in the rennlist ad , must be a flipper
Tdskip
I'd not get too excited about this car as that site is also listing a 1969 Porsche 911T Targa Soft Window Low miles - in excellent condition - for $21,000.
scraperhand
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 6 2020, 02:21 PM) *

I'd not get too excited about this car as that site is also listing a 1969 Porsche 911T Targa Soft Window Low miles - in excellent condition - for $21,000.

agree.gif
drem914
They also have an '88 959 with 34K miles for $30K confused24.gif
there isn't a Porsche over $40K on the site some look to be very rare.
Something does not look right. Anyone ever seen this site before?
Stuckon914
Site definitely has a scam vibe to it; maybe a user fee to bid is needed or similar.
burton73
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 6 2020, 02:21 PM) *

sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif What you see in the pictures here are showing a 914-6 Dash and key and column and a real 6 vin?

Scam or someone stupid?

Bob B
Stuckon914
I can’t believe my luck, sorry guys I beat you to this one: Email from ‘seller’:

I'm Claudia, glad to see you are interested! It’s in great condition and has no mechanical or electrical problems. My husband passed away and I decided to sell it. I moved to my daughter because I had throat surgery and I'll stay here for at least a few months. I'm located in Burnsville, MN and I signed a contract with a shipping company to take care of the selling on my behalf. It is already at the shipping company here in Minnesota sealed and ready for delivery. The price is $22,800. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 5-7 days, depending on the exact location.

If you're interested in knowing more info about how it works, you can reply with your whole name, full delivery address and phone # so I can notify the shipping company, and because of the weekend, they will contact you Monday morning with all the details, with no obligation to buy it. Also, they will attach the contract between me and the shipping company which guarantees delivery.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks
Stuckon914
My guess is that the whole site is basically the same scam.
73-914
PT Barnum would be proud
eric9144
QUOTE(Stuckon914 @ Mar 9 2020, 02:57 PM) *

I can’t believe my luck, sorry guys I beat you to this one: Email from ‘seller’:

I'm Claudia, glad to see you are interested! It’s in great condition and has no mechanical or electrical problems. My husband passed away and I decided to sell it. I moved to my daughter because I had throat surgery and I'll stay here for at least a few months. I'm located in Burnsville, MN and I signed a contract with a shipping company to take care of the selling on my behalf. It is already at the shipping company here in Minnesota sealed and ready for delivery. The price is $22,800. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 5-7 days, depending on the exact location.

If you're interested in knowing more info about how it works, you can reply with your whole name, full delivery address and phone # so I can notify the shipping company, and because of the weekend, they will contact you Monday morning with all the details, with no obligation to buy it. Also, they will attach the contract between me and the shipping company which guarantees delivery.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Holy cow does this sound just like the GT4 I was chasing that was priced at $66.5k with 4950 miles and all the options you wanted.

1st response was response from CL ad a week after my 1st email:
Hi, I am trying to get back to you, for some reason the messages are not going through. I will try sending this again, please email me (email address removed) if you get this one. Drew

2nd response, not from the 1st email address but supposedly same guy:
Hi, the GT4 is still available for $66,500. It has 4,950 miles, VIN# WP0AC2A84GK192758, clean title, no accidents and no money owing on it, selling only because I am in need of cash fast to put a down payment on a new house. I have left the car with a broker, with all the paperwork (title signed by me, keys) since I am currently in Montreal, Canada with my new work contract as a pilot for First Air. Let me know if you are interested so I can put you in contact with them so you can inspect it.

More pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/LGsCoVkUh9gEjxd66
I have attached the Carfax & Inspection Report

3rd email:
have the car now at SE MOTORS GROUP in Fort Worth, TX, with the title, signed by me, keys and all the docs, and I have empowered them to sell it on my behalf. You can inspect it and pick it up at this location Mon to Fri from 9am to 5pm CST or on Sat from 10am to 3pm. They can also ship it to you for a 7 days trial, just like Carvana does, and if you find issues with it you can reject it and get your money back, and I will cover the shipping costs if necessary. My reference number is (LIVW11RIZE), you will need it to book the vehicle online if you want it to.

stromberg.gif

Website and FB pages for the "dealer" had been thrown up no more than 60 days prior and the ~500 reviews (all glowing) were also <90 days old with only what appeared to be one real review calling out the dealer as a scammer. Yelp and Google had no record of this business even though the reviews also appeared to be google reviews and the address mapped to a big warehouse building.

If you're really interested you have to "Put hands on the car" or you're going to get taken. Watch how that somehow won't work out with the seller.
mepstein
I’m just going to send them money and hope they are honest people.

lol-2.gif
Mikey914
Hey, what do you know, I'm in MN and can stop by. Would that be a problem???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.