Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metal Fuel Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
I need to purchase metal fuel lines to bend myself for a stock 914-6. Anyone know
a vendor or shop that sells the correct sizes?

Thanks

Gene
mepstein
Tangerine Racing. Call Chris if you have any questions. He knows our cars better than most. beerchug.gif

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessfuellines.htm

@xsurfer
Coondog
What ever happened to Rotary14, he lives next to Dodger stadium. He use to sell them at Bruce’s swap meet. Bought mine from him.
bbrock
QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 7 2020, 10:12 PM) *

What ever happened to Rotary14, he lives next to Dodger stadium. He use to sell them at Bruce’s swap meet. Bought mine from him.

Me too, about a year ago. Great service and product.
76-914
They both make great SS fuel lines. I think it depends upon which coast you live on. To answer the OP's question: I don't know where to source metric SS line. I know the speed shops stock SAE size lines. beerchug.gif
bbrock
I think he is looking for mild steel lines which, like you said, are available at your FLAPS. There is a good article on Pelican on making them from SAE sized lines. I was going to do that but by the time I figured in the tooling for bending and creating bubble fittings on the ends, I was approaching the cost of pre-made lines from @Rotary'14 . Plus, I was able to source all the other bits needed at the same time.
Rotary'14
I'm here if xsurfer wants to drive down the 2 freeway and pick them up.

-Robert
porschetub
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 9 2020, 04:45 AM) *

I think he is looking for mild steel lines which, like you said, are available at your FLAPS. There is a good article on Pelican on making them from SAE sized lines. I was going to do that but by the time I figured in the tooling for bending and creating bubble fittings on the ends, I was approaching the cost of pre-made lines from @Rotary'14 . Plus, I was able to source all the other bits needed at the same time.

I used truck brake line pipe,bends easily and won't corrode,I happened to have the correct bender in my toolbox.
You could use a brake line flaring tool to partially make a flare,I didn't do this as I'am running carbs on low pressure.
80’s old school
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Mar 7 2020, 03:06 PM) *

I need to purchase metal fuel lines to bend myself for a stock 914-6. Anyone know

Thanks

Gene

I bent mine myself. Went to Grainger to get the stainless tubing.

They sell a bunch of different versions of stainless tubing so I went to the Grainger in Rancho Cucamonga and worked with the counter guy to get what I needed.
Mikey914
We Make the rubber "stopper" grommet (on the engine firewall)you may need both 8 and 10 mm

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/s...ch/?q=fuel+line
xsurfer
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Mar 8 2020, 12:51 PM) *

-Robert

Do you have the fuel lines bent or straight pipe. Either way I'm interested.

I'm Gene @ 818 9575791

Hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Chris at Tangerine is making them, and probably 914 rubber now

QUOTE(xsurfer @ Mar 7 2020, 03:06 PM) *

Thanks

Gene

76-914
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Mar 10 2020, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Mar 8 2020, 12:51 PM) *

-Robert

Do you have the fuel lines bent or straight pipe. Either way I'm interested.

I'm Gene @ 818 9575791

Hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks

They're pre-bent and he has a video showing the install. It can be done by one person but is easier with 2. He also sells the gaskets and screened filter that fit at the base of the fuel tank. You'll be pulling the tank so replace these bits when replacing the lines. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.