Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 73 white rocker panel DECAL see pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DucRS
Hey guys
I’m wrapping up this 1973 2.0’s final touches. Wondering where a can find this exact or close to exact white rocker panel decal. Original owner said he purchased car with this decal in place. I’ve seen positive/negative ones on the doors but not on rocker panels. Can anyone here have info on where to purchase or have custom made?

-Alfred
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
raynekat
The Porsche decal never went on the rocker panel....that is just some owner's desire.
To me the placement of the decal there looks odd, out of place and really changes the side profile of the car.
A yellow car would look better with a black side stripe up on the door.

At any rate, the rocker decal is the same decal that would have gone on the door.
Just google Porsche side stripes and you'll see a number of vendors that sell them.
Nothing too special about the stripe you are after.
911GT2
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 8 2020, 07:21 PM) *

The Porsche decal never went on the rocker panel....

This topic has more info on them. It seems indeed like it's a dealer option.

Strangest thing is I've got a Revell 1:18 scale model of the 914-6 and it has, yep, decals on the rocker panel.

IPB Image
DucRS
QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 9 2020, 04:26 AM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 8 2020, 07:21 PM) *

The Porsche decal never went on the rocker panel....

This topic has more info on them. It seems indeed like it's a dealer option.

Strangest thing is I've got a Revell 1:18 scale model of the 914-6 and it has, yep, decals on the rocker panel.

IPB Image

Good info
beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Alfred-

I see you've made quick work on getting your car back on the road. beerchug.gif

Are you coming to WCR 2020, in July? driving.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=343366&hl=

Oscar
914werke
if you get in a pinch I have one side only you could use to have it replicated.
DucRS
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 9 2020, 11:30 AM) *

Alfred-

I see you've made quick work on getting your car back on the road. beerchug.gif

Are you coming to WCR 2020, in July? driving.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=343366&hl=

Oscar

Hello Oscar

Yes, I plan to attend WCR 2020, not sure what days yet (work). Anyway, I was finally able to drive her for the first time this past weekend. It was surreal, after eightish months of tinkering..... she purred and didn't miss A beat after 28 years of hibernation.

See ya soon beerchug.gif

-Alfred

dr914@autoatlanta.com
here is the factory take on the positive stripes: (excuse the poor quality of the pictures!)Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
DucRS
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 9 2020, 12:06 PM) *

here is the factory take on the positive stripes: (excuse the poor quality of the pictures!)Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

George
Do you carry these, in stock? Thinking I may switch to the side of door.
Literati914
I ALWAYS think the positive decals look best on the rocker covers! Looks weird above to me... Negative decals above the covers do look right tho. I have a pair of positives that I'll be adding to my rocker covers on my finished project - got them from Robert Tilton (pelican 911 forum). He's researched and gotten the design right, has a good reputation for making good ones. He actually has two versions, so ask him about that. PM me for his contact info.
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

shades.gif
IPB Image
jagalyn
My silver 73 2.0 is original, never painted with original rocker stripes from 73. Most likely a dealer option at the time.

The Porsche positive stripe on the rocker or above on the door is period correct for 70-73. The negative stripe above the rocker is more period correct for 73-76.

Click to view attachment
raynekat
Bob Tilton on the Early S Registry is no longer making this stripes at this time.
infraredcalvin
I have a vinyl cutter, and can do those in matte white vinyl, you’ll have to send me measurements if you want them exact...

I’ve done all mine so far, really just goofing off with the cutter in matte black outdoor vinyl, I’m no pro, but pricing will reflect. I’ve been really happy with the quality of my cuts so far.

Negative Porsche stripe
Roundels
Heuer logo
Numbers
Badge for rear panel (I know spacing is goofy, I did some extras and was going to sell them off, I never got around to posting)

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
We have the file, I can do up a few later this week.
mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.