Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Irish Green '71 "Resto"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
djway
Great job. After an hour or so of reading tonight I am beginning to believe that the rust was installed at the Karmann factory......
Dick Bandwagon
Good looking floors, Suzanne must be proud.
twistedstang
Wow. First time checking out this build thread......great fab skills, a great build thread, and fast too. Very nice work!
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(djway @ Apr 17 2020, 11:37 PM) *

Great job. After an hour or so of reading tonight I am beginning to believe that the rust was installed at the Karmann factory......

1000%! I feel like every seam, pre factory weld, was sprayed with a rust inducing layer.

QUOTE(Dick Bandwagon @ Apr 18 2020, 05:19 PM) *

Good looking floors, Suzanne must be proud.

Haha! Thanks for reading the thread Nate! beerchug.gif

QUOTE(twistedstang @ Apr 18 2020, 06:07 PM) *

Wow. First time checking out this build thread......great fab skills, a great build thread, and fast too. Very nice work!

Much appreciated. This virus has left me socially.... free. A lot of unrestricted garage time. Sooner I get it done the sooner we're on the road. Another update coming in a moment.
jaredmcginness
Page 6.

Floors are "100%" Here's some photos.
Correct side, thanks to you guys.

IPB Image

Blending in.

IPB Image

Both sides.

IPB Image

Ground seam sealed and primed. Wow, it looks nice when things are one color.

IPB Image

Same order of business for the underside. Sealed every seam I could find.

IPB Image

drooley.gif

IPB Image

If you have a keen eye, you'll notice in the background that I wrapped up my Fuchs. I used 185/65. Nice and puffy. Not too big.

Some might be upset that I bought Ohtsus and not R888s but hey, its just a 1700cc. ha. I had them on my '93 Corrado in 16" and was totally happy with them.

IPB Image

Tomorrow, I'll weld in the seat mounts and E-brake accoutrements.

I've decided to use a roll on tar-like sound deadening that I found in another thread. So I will do the firewall and probably floor pans up with that.

Another choice I made this weekend was to nix the backpad and go with the perlon carpet fire wall. I think it looks nice, opens things up, and suits my style.
I have an early and late style backrest, both are not in great shape. Obviously, I am not a perfectionist or a purist. So I don't too much care about keeping this car "as it came"

I do a little (a lot) sewing work on the side, so I think it will be a fun project. I've seen enough photos in other threads to be convinced that I like the carpeted wall.

Thanks for reading!
trojanhorsepower
Wow. Great work!
Keep the updates coming.

Peter
bkrantz
QUOTE(jaredmcginness @ Apr 18 2020, 06:44 PM) *

Tomorrow, I'll weld in the seat mounts and E-brake accoutrements.

I had good luck bolting the hinges to the seat bases, and clamping the front tilt-adjustment teeth to the cross bar, and then tacking everything in place.
jaredmcginness
Ok, weekend fun. Large amount of small updates...

Part 1:

Cleaned up the seatmounts in preparation of install. Wire brush, paint and prime.

IPB Image

As Bkrantz recommended above. I clamped the U Height adjuster bracket, lined the seat bracket up, bolt the hinges to the base and tac it all together. Worked great and took mere minutes.

Both installed:

IPB Image

Being a '71 I only had a drivers side U bracket and height adjust teeth. I am going to run later style, single seats.
I made the U brackets out of 16g and a hammer... I found the teeth online.... eh... lets make it ourselves at work.

Drew this up on solidworks. Took the better part of an hour.

IPB Image

Measurements taken entirely off the old piece. Cut on a laser, .25" A36 Steel. Tapped to M8.

IPB Image

Stock teeth is 5/16" wide. So my new piece is a bit narrower, but I don't think .060 will make a difference in the seat mounting/adjustment.

IPB Image

Old and New. Pretty happy with it.

IPB Image

Part 2:

Worked on a quickie fix for the hand brake bulb. Bottom half rusted away.

IPB Image

Remade the cable guide cover.

IPB Image

Overlapped.

IPB Image

Back to the hand brake. Sanded and painted. This is a finicky piece! Bare with me....

Apparently '70 and '71 have a cool 2 piece folding handle design, so you dont catch your thigh on the lever. Cool piece but annoying. I found out I was missing a spring piece that releases the tooth.

IPB Image

I did some research and learned its a common break. I found the replacement rod + spring for $40. I'll try and fix it first.

Here is the fix I cooked up. Bent piece of 16g welded to the end. It seems to work on the vise.... This might be one of those situations where I upgrade to the late style in the near future....

(hint... anyone have an extra laying around?)

IPB Image

Thanks for reading.
Dick Bandwagon
Seat adjuster turned out very nicely.

jaredmcginness
Handbrake welded and cable attached, cable cover welded, sealer applied, primed...
yellowsleep[1].gif

Now laying some paint down in the floors today. Looks nice, so far.

IPB Image

IPB Image
jaredmcginness
And paint on the floor is done. Looking nice and smooth.

IPB Image

IPB Image

type.gif

IPB Image

Here's a quick throw back from a few weeks ago:

IPB Image

Second lease on life for this floor pan!

Next on the list (that are big enough to be their own posts):
-914LTD outer reinforcement kit
-Butyl and Carpet
-Battery tray and paint
-Delete side markers and antenna.
-5 Lug Swap kit (when it arrives) stirthepot.gif
bkrantz
Looking great! You are getting ahead of me now.
jaredmcginness
Hey all,

Not a ton to update. Driving down to VA in the morning to pick up some drivers quality seats and a few other pieces, for pennies on the dollar. The seats I have are gnarly and crispy.

Here are a few updates on the car...

Started the passenger 914LTD outer Stiffening Kit. Fits great.

IPB Image

Passenger side requires a bit of rust repair before I install that side.

IPB Image

Cut out.

IPB Image

Metal ready, shape replacement, weld and grind.

IPB Image

Start forming the replacement jamb section. All of these parts are 16g.

IPB Image

Little more sanding and filler primer and we should be smooth.

IPB Image

I'm grateful this side of the car has a lot less rust... an afternoon of work vs. 3 weeks. welder.gif

IPB Image

I hope every one has a nice weekend.
kroelofsen

Nice work indeed... Good progress!
jaredmcginness
Picked up some seats this morning. Pretty unassuming corduroy. Will clean up well. Nice bolsters, will get me by for now....

IPB Image

Upon further inspection... seller said they may have been a recover...
Later in the car, the girlfriend started peeling the cord back.

IPB Image

What's this!!! Lets peel some more.

IPB Image

Beautiful brand new tartan plaid beneath!

I assume this was a dealer cover up? Maybe they couldn't sell the audacious plaid in '76? Or someone wanted 'this' car with 'that' interior.

Regardless, I am really happy to have come across these for $50 from another world member. I love tartan - its a saved ebay search of mine - so this made my weekend.

I will peel back the rest tomorrow with my seam ripper and see what is beneath.

Jared
JOEPROPER
Nice score! piratenanner.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jaredmcginness @ Apr 25 2020, 10:01 PM) *

Picked up some seats this morning. Pretty unassuming corduroy. Will clean up well. Nice bolsters, will get me by for now....

IPB Image

Upon further inspection... seller said they may have been a recover...
Later in the car, the girlfriend started peeling the cord back.

IPB Image

What's this!!! Lets peel some more.

IPB Image

Beautiful brand new tartan plaid beneath!

I assume this was a dealer cover up? Maybe they couldn't sell the audacious plaid in '76? Or someone wanted 'this' car with 'that' interior.

Regardless, I am really happy to have come across these for $50 from another world member. I love tartan - its a saved ebay search of mine - so this made my weekend.

I will peel back the rest tomorrow with my seam ripper and see what is beneath.

Jared

piratenanner.gif ok
this is the 914 equivalent to someone buying a “dogs playing poker” painting and finding an original Rembrandt behind it!! nice!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Apr 26 2020, 12:00 AM) *

piratenanner.gif ok
this is the 914 equivalent to someone buying a “dogs playing poker” painting and finding an original Rembrandt behind it!! nice!

Or in 914 terms taking off a rocker cover and finding brand new steel.

Jared, your car is going to be a battle tank with those long reinforcements and other 16 ga metal. How long before you end up upgrading the 1.7? idea.gif
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Apr 26 2020, 07:29 AM) *

Jared, your car is going to be a battle tank with those long reinforcements and other 16 ga metal. How long before you end up upgrading the 1.7? idea.gif

It's a tad overkill but. I dont want to think about repairing a long on this car again. So. lol-2.gif

I hope once I get that 1.7 in, drive for a bit and personally experience how anemic they are known go be, I will be more likely to put some money aside for a 2.0. Unless someone has a great deal on one now. ha!

Here's the seat update. Made a side thread, because it is just so fun...

Peeled. IPB Image

3 hours with a seam ripper.

IPB Image

Clean and assembled.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am in love.... All coming together, eh! I lucked out on this one.
djway
QUOTE(jaredmcginness @ Apr 26 2020, 08:56 AM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Apr 26 2020, 07:29 AM) *

It's a tad overkill but. I dont want to think about repairing a long on this car again. So. lol-2.gif

I hope once I get that 1.7 in, drive for a bit and personally experience how anemic they are known go be, I will be more likely to put some money aside for a 2.0. Unless someone has a great deal on one now. ha!

Here's the seat update. Made a side thread, because it is just so fun...

Peeled. IPB Image

3 hours with a seam ripper.

IPB Image

Clean and assembled.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I am in love.... All coming together, eh! I lucked out on this one.

That there is some beautiful hidden treasure
jaredmcginness
Today's update: On ALL Fours!

Seam sealer and undercoating applied. I used 3m Professional rubber coat. 2 coats. I said this was a budget build right? We will see how it holds up.

That only means one thing - Floor and frame are effectively done.
Lets get it off the jackstands and let her breathe for the first time since winter. All that work and it still looks like this. laugh.gif

IPB Image

Stiffening kit:

IPB Image

Majority of 2 months work in one shot here:

IPB Image

Inside.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Underneath - the money shot. Literally.

IPB Image

Also deleted the antenna hole.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Quick and dirty save. There's a lot more work to do. I'll stop being ecstatic, pull her back in and get to it! .... After we sweep up...

(Still trying to keep my original goal of road ready by Luft 7 - May 29th)
bbrock
Ah! The old A-hole delete. Be careful with that. Things can back up on you. icon8.gif lol-2.gif
bkrantz
Congrats on reaching that milestone!
9146C
I've really enjoyed following your build...great work!
jaredmcginness
Many thanks to all your advice and motivation. Lots left to do! The hardest part is over. I think.. bs.gif

Door gap
Now that its on the ground I found it to be a little closed on top of the passenger door, and a little open on the drivers. I suppose that's a slight body twist. Attempted to check (and keep) my diagonal measurements several times.
Maybe to be expected with the technique I used... jackstands and no jig!

Regardless, the doors close awesome with a person sitting in the cab. No catching and a solid THUD So I am happy.

Driver: (note wider gap near handle)

IPB Image

Passenger: (note smaller gap near handle)

IPB Image

Worth noting that I have not adjusted either door yet. But the passenger side has always looked a little tight on top with a nice even gap going down.
I suspect this might have something to do with the amount of bondo around the door handle that we discovered a few weeks ago.

The prettier side of the car... Warts are being deleted. I cannot stand to look at them.

IPB Image

And just for fun... somewhere down the line.

IPB Image

Back to work.
BeatNavy
Jared, I've got a similar situation with door gaps on my project car. Drivers side measurement between windshield flange and rollbar is perfect, but door gaps are a bit off, both front and back. Meanwhile passenger side measurement is slightly too big (~ 1/8 inch) but gaps look perfect. confused24.gif

My working theory now is that it has to do with the upper hinge point on the driver's side. I think the metal at the top hinge is weak, and years of people putting their weight on the door tend to make it sag. Inspect that area and see if the metal looks stretched at all. I had a similar situation on my driver. A few years ago I was working on installing triangle door seals, and I think I put too much downward pressure on the door and stretched the metal there. After carefully tapping (or whacking blink.gif ) on that section the door lined up much better. I may try same thing on the project.

On different topic, at some point I'd like to get more thoughts from you on those long reinforcements. I'm considering those once I seal my driver's side long up, but I wanted to get more thoughts about fitment, weight, etc. It adds a ton of structural rigidity, but they are not light.
twistedstang
Nice work. Cant wait to do an antenna/wart delete.
bbrock
Trailing edge door gaps wider at top than bottom is pretty common. When I was working on gaps, I started paying close attention to any pics of doors posted on the forums and noticed even low mileage survivors often show it.

+1 on Rob's comment on the top hinge metal stretching. I had a severe case of it on one side and mild on the other but was able to gain gap at the top rear by adjusting the hinge area with a hammer. I think many of us get in a bad habit of using the doors as grab handles to lever our fat asses out of those low seats.
BeatNavy
Truthfully Brent helped me out on this one. I PM'ed him after seeing his thread fighting the door gaps and was like "Really? That's a solution?" Anyway, it was good advice he gave me. Use your hand to see if you can feel a ripple in the metal or can otherwise see where or if it was stretched.
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Apr 28 2020, 10:04 AM) *

Truthfully Brent helped me out on this one. Use your hand to see if you can feel a ripple in the metal or can otherwise see where or if it was stretched.

Thanks boys. Sheesh, I'm 28 and and 160lbs and I was "ErrrGH!" lifting up out of the thing yesterday. This car is accelerating my aging.
I will inspect these areas this evening. I appreciate the feedback.

Rob, when I get it on the road I'll definitely provide feedback. As far as the original fit, everything went together easy... (infact, the pre-cut, new jack prymids exactly lined up first try with the cut out in the side skirt, nice job brad!)
Maybe a couple swings of the Universal Adjustment Tool here and there. Only gap/fit issue was on the lower long (that I made myself, came up a little short.) but some C clamps and a fat weld connected them no problem.

I'd imagine they add something like 45-55 lbs.
jaredmcginness
Happy Thursday (thirsty Thursday?)

Here's a question, whats the name of this windshield insert to targa seal?
Mine is totally chewed up. Cant seem to find a replacement. Any of you guys have a spare laying around in decent shape I could purchase?

IPB Image

The girlfriend and I laid the Noico rubber down yesterday. I think I found this stuff from an old comment made by... @Larmo63 ? I can say that just sitting as is, no interior installed, there is already a good deal less resonance when shutting the doors.

I paid $65 or something for the 80mil small car kit, and have 4 or so full sheets left over.

IPB Image

Carpet arrives next week. I ordered the Gray Perlon kit from AppBiz. I've read good stuff about their kits.

As for the rest of the interior....

Here are the door panels I have.... icon8.gif I don't want to break the bank essentially paying $400.00 shipped for a nice pair. So how can we take care of this on the low?

IPB Image

Maybe I can remake these myself.
Harbor Freight measuring tools bye1.gif

IPB Image

Drawn up in solidworks. I left out all the extra holes... arm rest etc. Maybe go with a simple GT style.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Solid fit.

IPB Image

My original plan was to reuse the original smooth fabric, its in OK shape but.... Why?
I'll just recover the new skins, new foam, etc. and get it fresh.

I dont like the early smooth vinyl anyways. I ordered some interesting, kinda factory (maybe not widely liked) material to cover these up. We'll see how it turns out this weekend.

Thanks,

Jared
bbrock
I used Noico too and like it. You should probably go over yours some more with a roller. Tight bonding to the metal is important to get best sound deadening and the instructions say to roll it until the diamonds embossed in the foil are flattened out. That's when you know it has been pressed down tight enough.

You are making great progress!!!
bbrock
Oh, and 914Rubber has that seal. Can't remember the exact name but you can find it in their parts diagrams.
Larmo63
I used the black Noico and did the WHOLE firewall area. I think it took me about an hour and it transformed the driving experience.
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(bbrock @ Apr 30 2020, 10:12 AM) *

I used Noico too and like it. You should probably go over yours some more with a roller. Tight bonding to the metal is important to get best sound deadening and the instructions say to roll it until the diamonds embossed in the foil are flattened out. That's when you know it has been pressed down tight enough.

You are making great progress!!!

Thanks @bbrock .

I used a clear plastic roller, It seems like a tight fit and doesnt peel up. But I will look for a metal roller locally... Get some more bite on it.

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Apr 30 2020, 10:21 AM) *

I used the black Noico and did the WHOLE firewall area. I think it took me about an hour and it transformed the driving experience.

Sounds good. I have plenty left to fill the spots in. Cheers.

Edited and added a photo of the fit of the door card. I will drill the clip holes of course.
jaredmcginness
Hey guys,

Happy May - I cant believe we are already here.
I've been putting off the lower windshield rust. Part of me wanted me to like... seal it up and worry about it next round of restoration (paint and fenders?) Something scary about pulling a windshield.

I think the right time to do these repairs is now. Otherwise I'll keep staring at it.

IPB Image

Guess that means pull the windshield... Actually came out really simply. WD40 and wire had it out solo in 45 minutes.

IPB Image.

IPB Image

The only casualty when removing was a crusty turn signal. Luckily I received these as a gift! Little too fresh for the car in this state wink.gif

IPB Image
Perfect time to do everything there. I'll install my dash vinyl, buff the paint seals, etc.
I also made a 914 rubber order amd got all the seals for this area. Another fun thing I ordered is their chrome trim delete. (replaces the chrome with rubber)

So both sides look about like this... Better than I imagined with all that bubbly paint. the middle of the windshield flange is rust free.

IPB Image

Started crafting a replacement this evening. Not complete yet.

IPB Image

Weird shape!
IPB Image

Part 2:

Per your recommendations, I needed a better roller for the sound deadner. The plastic guy we had has no weight to it. Couldn't find anything, locally so I made this heavy duty stainless roller at work. Lathe cut roller, bent the bracket and welded at home. The thing weighs damn near 3 pounds.

IPB Image

Has no problem laying the stuff down flat.

IPB Image
jaredmcginness
Just about finished up with the passenger wind screen rust. heres a play by play

Needs the fix.

IPB Image

Pleased to see just about no rust under there!

IPB Image

Solid hour into this little guy.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Going to be a close fit boys.

IPB Image

Weld and smooth. Repeat

IPB Image

Lay some primer down.

IPB Image

Respectable fix!! A little more sanding and it should look great.
Making this piece myself saves me $130 per side. More money for other parts, or beer so I can cope with the time and money I've sunk into this in 7 weeks.

Also quickie wart delete:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Amateur hour over here, but I'm doing the gosh damn thing and learning a lot.
Back at it tomorrow. Time to sit by the fire and sip on one.

Have a safe Saturday. drunk.gif
bkrantz
Nice work! And welcome to the wart remover club.
BeatNavy
Man, I wish I had the tools, and more importantly, the SKILL to fab metal like you can. I've gotten better, but if I have to fab something even remotely complex it takes me WAY longer than what you're doing.

Nice job, Jared.
jaredmcginness
Hey everyone,

Happy Friday. I haven't made an update in a few days. Lots of small jobs, waiting for material, etc.

Here's what I'm working on:

After a few sessions of smoothing I got the temporary paint laid down on the windscreen corners. Not a perfect match. But cheap and "OK" for now. As my GF said... just about any green is better than bright grey primer patches. (maybe true... unless it was Ravenna green laugh.gif)

...At least until paint squeezes its way into my budget.

IPB Image

I need to get some wet sanding done, better than the rust holes!
Pretty nice fab on the corners. I am content.

IPB Image

After this, I went around and cut the paint around the windscreen and above the hood. A job easily done with the windscreen out of the car.

IPB Image

This is coming from totally flat, chalky paint (see the first page!) So its nice to see some form of sheen.

IPB Image

I started the carpeted firewall. I ordered the raw material from Pelican parts - $40. Some (a ton of) cutting required.
This is just the sound deadening and 3M 90 (applied to both the SD and Carpet)
I will do a vinyl strip along the top between the carpet and the rear window, to keep it clean.

IPB Image

I adhesed...adhered? the under dash carpets, started longs, etc.

Pretty exciting to see. The vinyl floor pieces are arriving today. So I can finish the carpet after that.

IPB Image

On the list this weekend.
-Install rear window and vinyl beauty strip.
-Install dash top vinyl and dash.
-Install floor vinyl and finish carpet.
-Install seats + mounts.... (am I getting ahead of myself?)
-Design and build my custom door panels....

By-the-way, here is the fabric for my door panels. Maybe liked, maybe not...
Factory VW black vinyl basket weave - An ode to my VW roots (and the Splitty I have tattood on my leg!)

(I also settled on this because 914rubber said "backordered" on their door material rolleyes.gif Turns out it was in stock the whole time. Oh well.)

IPB Image

Cheers.

jaredmcginness
Ok fun stuff.

Fitting the door panels I made:

IPB Image

You might note the handle. '73 RSR style. Welded nuts behind the door frame.

IPB Image

Laying the vinyls together. 1/8th" foam backing.

IPB Image

Sewn and adhesed (? Still don't know this word... I will always type it wrong...) adhered.

IPB Image

Gotta say I had thrown a few F bombs around while making these. The vinyl on top gets tacky in about -1 second and sticks in about 1 millisecond. rolleyes.gif Freakin EYEROLL.
If you try and pull it up to reapply, it destroys the foam underneath.

Better than no panel right? I gotta try and think if I bought the car like this would I be worried right away? Not at all... Just want it to be top tier with all the effort.

Total on materials for the panels is $58.00. Cheaper than any on the classifieds!

IPB Image

Here I have added the tartan seats and installed the rear window.

IPB Image

More photos.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Carpeted firewall looks damn good!

IPB Image

Still... a lot of things accomplished this weekend. Window, floor vinyl, carpet etc.

Next is dash. 5 Lug swap should be shipping from PMB Performance mid next week!
jaredmcginness
Hey guys,

Criticism is always welcome here. I still plan to redo the top vinyl on the door panels. Some time...

Last couple days I added Dash Top, Lower dash, Windshield seal, Main Targa seal, back glass. A few pain in the butt items! I almost forgot those two pesky dash nuts behind the gauge cluster. I will never understand the idea behind the placement of those!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dashboard vinyl. Easy project with the windscreen out.

IPB Image

Here's a throw back to last June. The day I bought the car. Ashamed to say I was even "proud" to have it then. I had a vision for what it could be!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Feels fantastic to sit in there and close the door to a nice THUD. Nice and quiet (even without the front glass) I think this is a respectable interior so far!

Even smells like fresh vinyl too.

Thanks for reading.
kroelofsen
piratenanner.gif Nice work...! Looks great!
Cairo94507
Amazing progress. You will be driving before you know it. beerchug.gif
bbrock
Fantastic work in record time cheer.gif I think you had the mother of all cracked dashes. Almost artistic in its own way.

I learned those dash nuts under the instrument pod are not a problem at all when installing the dash with the subframe out of the car and on a bench the way the factory probably did. Installing them with the dash in the car is a real f-bomb factory. Nice work!
BeatNavy
Wow, that dashtop was a disaster! barf.gif And now everything looks great!

You removed the center dash vent you had. Did you want to account for that with the top vinyl?
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(bbrock @ May 13 2020, 09:33 AM) *

Almost artistic in its own way.

. Installing them with the dash in the car is a real f-bomb factory. Nice work!

I agree artistic. Maybe good for the garage wall, but at the time i had no problem stomping it into a trashbag.

F-bomb factory it was! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 13 2020, 09:34 AM) *

You removed the center dash vent you had. Did you want to account for that with the top vinyl?

I used a block off plate, sealer and hvac aluminum tape on the outside. I don't see it being an issue down the road.

Thanks so much guys!
jaredmcginness
Hey ladies,

I got some good work accomplished this week. A lot of simple small jobs. Here's the cliff notes.

We pressed the glass in. No breaks! Pretty proud of that.
I used the 914rubber "Rubber Windshield seal" that goes in place of the chrome. I like it more.... less chrome is good for me.

New Main Targa seal as well. Fresh.

IPB Image

Finished my engine shelf, battery tray, paint, etc.

IPB Image

Totally respectable, IMO.

IPB Image

Finished up the driver's side door jamb:

IPB Image

Added the rest of the interior trim and a vinyl strip I made for the rear window to carpet transition:

IPB Image

I replaced all of the shifter bushings.... this was easy.... because there were not any bushings to replace! 3 of 4 were missing!

I was going to say... when I first tried out the gears, I couldn't imagine the tail shift was THAT bad. ha!

Example:
Nothing there.

IPB Image

Also purchased this great Personal Shift knob from @literati914 . Love it:

IPB Image

Added sail vinyl on both sides:

IPB Image

Interior as it sits now:

IPB Image

Come a seriously long way!

Thanks for reading.
bkrantz
Give us another photo of your white board!
ndfrigi
Nice work! still like those seats you got after removing the corduroy cover. Really match my 74 Bahia Red.

Regarding the engine mount bar, are you keeping that tranny mount instead of the stock bracket type? bdstone or 914rubber has them.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.