Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74' 2.0 shifting issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william1764
Out of the blue she won't shift into 4th. Sounds/feels like I'm hitting up against something metallic which stops me from being able to enter 4th.

On a related note - any recommendations for indy in Maryland area? I live between Baltimore and Frederick.
ndfrigi
maybe your clutch tube that is welded to left side closer to shifter was remove and when you press your clutch pedal that tube will move towards the center/right.
william1764
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 9 2020, 11:57 AM) *

maybe your clutch tube that is welded to left side closer to shifter was remove and when you press your clutch pedal that tube will move towards the center/right.

Would that situation only impact one gear and not the others?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(william1764 @ Mar 9 2020, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 9 2020, 11:57 AM) *

Would that situation only impact one gear and not the others?

try shifting it while engine is not running. can you shift it to 4th and 5th easily?
or push the shifter all the way to right and press ur clutch pedal if you can feel something that is hitting ur shifter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.