Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Local 914 part out-Akron Ohio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
whiterabbit
CL ad is not mine, I have no affiliation with this CL seller buuut...This guy says he's parting out a blue '74 914. Seems to be too good of a car to part out. Maybe someone here can talk him out of it...

https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/pts/d/ak...7087326319.html
MikeInMunich
Super weird! blink.gif

Says it has no rust, runs perfectly...but he's parting it out? confused24.gif
Chris H.
Maybe the title's missing? Looks like a nice car!
whiterabbit
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 11 2020, 07:17 AM) *

Maybe the title's missing? Looks like a nice car!

I actually had a text conversation with the seller yesterday. I told him that it looked too good to part out and asked why he wasn't selling the car whole.. His response was that no one would give him what he wanted for it ($25k) and that he lost all interest in owning the car. He just wants to part it out. I thought it was super weird too.

I also told him that I thought it was worth more as a complete car than as individual parts. His response was that its easier to store individual parts than it is to store an entire car. I also disagree with that. Anyway, I thought I would share this super strange story...and sad story really. Maybe there's more to it.
jagalyn
A scam. It just doesn’t add up.

Maybe someone posted the CL ad and then signed up as a new member with zero posts to troll the world to find a fish to hook and say it’s ‘not his’ CL post?

Thoughts?
whiterabbit
Jagalyn...That's a funny theory and I can see why you might think that.

Yes, I did just register for an account on 914 world on March 10th. No, it was not to boost interest in the blue 914 CL ad. I am a legit 914 owner as of October 2019 (see the photo of my rustoration project below). The intent of my OP was 1) Let y'all know that there is what appears to be an excellent 914 being parted out and 2) poke the 914 crowd to see if someone would try to convince this guy not to chop up his 36,000 mile 914.

I have a couple other past projects that I've completed rustoration, A 1974 BMW 2002, a 1984 VW Rabbit Gti and now my '75 914. Here's some links and photos that hopefully help support that I'm legit. (I also realize this thread is straying off topic).

VW Rabbit restoration thread: https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?...a-forgotten-Gti

Bringing home the 914:
Click to view attachment

Completed '74 2002 Pic:
Click to view attachment

whiterabbit
For those of you that don't want to follow the VW Vortex thread, here's a pic of the completed Gti

Click to view attachment
bulliporker
if that is the same car its been doing the rounds for months seller sent me pics 2 owners from new but the longs are shot supposed to be going to auction last sept
Stuckon914
Either way sellers story doesn’t make sense, if he is the legit owner. He said he would sell me chassis for $4000. Hard to get to $25k that way.
I passed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.