Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 D-Jet Fuel Injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Craigers17
I raised this question in another thread, but thought it would get more feedback in it's own topic. I am trying to do a partial refresh of my fuel injection/intake system, and, upon digging a little, found that I have 3 different kinds of injectors...at least 2 of them probably not designed for a 2.0 engine.

I've been searching for a good source for new injectors, and am running into a lot of dead ends. Thanks to a member here, I know I could send my 2.0 injectors to Mr. Injector for refurbishing, and I probably will. However, I'd like to then use those 2 as spares.

I have found 2 BOSCH 0280150019 injectors which should be the correct, but discontinued injectors, but they are incredibly expensive. Then I thought I found another solution from GP Sorensen that appears to be the correct part for 73/74 2.0. It is part # 800-1061N and I THOUGHT it was available at AutoZone and roughly $85/EA. However, upon selecting and trying to add to the cart, it said they are currently unavailable. I've also seen a part #FJ67 from Standard Motor Products, but don't really know if that's a direct replacement.

So.....I'm posting this here to see if anyone has a good source for new 2.0 injectors? Or, if anyone has used any of the above options with success? Any feedback would be great. Thanks,
-Craig

I know this will probably end up in a carb vs OEM FI vs aftermarket FI debate, but I really am just interested in a source for 2.0 injectors for D-Jet. I really do appreciate all the reasons for different choices, but I'm gonna try to give this one a shot first.
toadman
I think the FJ67 should be a direct replacement. As a point of reference the VW/Porsche part number for the BOSCH injector (0280150019) you mentioned is 039906031. I went to Rockauto.com and their website suggests the FJ67 injector is a direct replacement for the 039906031. Looks like a pretty decent price, too ($65/each). FYI, I don't know if these are currently in stock at Rockauto and I have no experience with the FJ67 injector. Good luck!
914Sixer
Yes, the FJ67 are the listed replacement with one drawback. They seems to be NO spec's on the flow rate from Standard Motor Parts that I can find on the internet. So it is hard to say IF they are the correct one.
GregAmy
You could always buy a set and send them out for flow testing...the community would certainly appreciate the information update...and they'd say good things about you for a few months...
DucRS
After having all four of my injectors refurbished from Mr Injector there was one that was faulty. So , I purchased an injector from Auto Atlanta and it seems to run just fine. I think the price was around $95 and NEW.
-Alfred
9one4tay
I just purchased the FJ67 fuel injectors from Rockauto, installing later this week. I'll let you know how they work out

Travis
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have been selling the new aftermarket with good success

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Mar 10 2020, 05:28 PM) *

I raised this question in another thread, but thought it would get more feedback in it's own topic. I am trying to do a partial refresh of my fuel injection/intake system, and, upon digging a little, found that I have 3 different kinds of injectors...at least 2 of them probably not designed for a 2.0 engine.

I've been searching for a good source for new injectors, and am running into a lot of dead ends. Thanks to a member here, I know I could send my 2.0 injectors to Mr. Injector for refurbishing, and I probably will. However, I'd like to then use those 2 as spares.

I have found 2 BOSCH 0280150019 injectors which should be the correct, but discontinued injectors, but they are incredibly expensive. Then I thought I found another solution from GP Sorensen that appears to be the correct part for 73/74 2.0. It is part # 800-1061N and I THOUGHT it was available at AutoZone and roughly $85/EA. However, upon selecting and trying to add to the cart, it said they are currently unavailable. I've also seen a part #FJ67 from Standard Motor Products, but don't really know if that's a direct replacement.

So.....I'm posting this here to see if anyone has a good source for new 2.0 injectors? Or, if anyone has used any of the above options with success? Any feedback would be great. Thanks,
-Craig

I know this will probably end up in a carb vs OEM FI vs aftermarket FI debate, but I really am just interested in a source for 2.0 injectors for D-Jet. I really do appreciate all the reasons for different choices, but I'm gonna try to give this one a shot first.

MikeM
Wasn't there a problem with the electrical connectors on these aftermarket injectors?
Mike
Craigers17
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 11 2020, 06:46 AM) *

You could always buy a set and send them out for flow testing...the community would certainly appreciate the information update...and they'd say good things about you for a few months...

I doubt they would say good things about me, but based upon how much everyone here has helped me, seems like the least I could do. I'm going to see what everyone else has to say, and get some feedback from Travis(Thanks Travis!) and then I'll buy a set and have them flow tested.

I appreciate everyone's info so far ! Thanks!
914Sixer
Yes, they DO spread out the pins a little but that may only be my experience. Need more feedback if that happens to someone else. I have a new Jeff Blowsby harness not a older factory harness.
Craigers17
I don't how many people actually need 2.0 injectors, and at what price point most folks opt out of the Bosch option, but, in the interest of getting the most information out there, I found these this morning on EBAY. I didn't see these yesterday.

They are still pricey, but are New in Box NLA Bosch injectors, and are between $100 and $180 cheaper than any other Bosch injectors w/ the correct factory p/n that I have found.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-2-0-Lt...zMAAOSwwmpeXrPX

I have no affiliation with this seller.
914Sixer
Good price and correct. Still a lot of money.
Craigers17
So I went ahead and bought a set of Intermotor FJ67 injectors, which should be an aftermarket replacement for the stock 2.0 injectors. Based on a great suggestion from @GregAmy I'm sending these off today to Mr. injector.

He said he would gladly flow test the set so that we have some baseline #'s. I think that there are already some flow test #'s for these injectors floating around this site, but I figured why not get some real #'s on an entire set...if nothing else, just to see the consistency between the 4. Anyhow, I'll post the results when I get them back.

Included a few pics.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Craigers17
Just to follow up, I sent the new injectors to Bill Johnson of Mr. Injector, and I have included his email response to me following his flow tests of said injectors. It is as follows:

"Hi Craig,

Your injectors have been tested. They are a good match for the 914 2.0. They have consistent flow rates (around 440cc to 460cc depending on dynamic vs static testing) that I see with the Bosch 280 150 019 and 280 150 038 injectors that are original equipment. These injectors are built by Lucas and are an excellent product. I have never seen one with an electrical problem or case leak and the dynamic performance is always spot on. There will be a full flow report in the package.

It's getting difficult to find the OEM injectors that are good enough to accept a service so it's nice to find a good replacement to keep these old cars on the road. "

BTW, he received these injectors from me yesterday, and already has them tested and back in the mail to me today. Awesome service! Thanks to @BeatNavy & @GregAmy for suggesting that I turn to Bill for injector servicing. Great Guy!

That said, I will post the full flow report when I receive it with the injectors. For those much smarter than me on this website, (insert pretty much everyone's name here), I'm sure the actual flow reports will have much more data to analyze.
mepstein
I have sent many injectors (probably 200) to Bill and been happy every time.
BeatNavy
thumb3d.gif Good info!

Big fan of Mr. Injector.
GregAmy
beerchug.gif
Craigers17
Flow Test Report:

Click to view attachment
Zaffer
Anyone have any experience with the ~1975 Mercedes 450SE(?) injectors? They are roughly $20/injector cheaper and a proper replacement based on another topic thread from 11 years ago. I know the fuel line on top is different (straight vs. bent), but are they the same injector other than that? I ask because I am looking to get new injectors instead of using 45 year old ones, but I have the 2.0L elbows so replacing the ones for the MB is feasible, correct?
Craigers17
Brief Follow-up on the FJ-67 injectors. I have installed these and they are working great. The only thing I noticed was that it seemed to me that the tip of the FJ-67 injector is a little more "snub-nosed" than stock and, thus, doesn't seem to protrude into the intake quite as far. That said, it seems to seal up well, with no issues.

Finally, I also sent 4 of the stock Green injectors to Mr. Injector for service. They were the Bosch P/N that ends in 019 mentioned previously. Only 2 were serviceable, but I just got them back with the flow report. I thought it was worth including that report to compare apples to apples. You can view the other report a few posts previous to this one. Here's the report:

Click to view attachment
sithot
Read the entire thread.
sithot
Bill "Mr. Injector" FJ67.

Jamie
I wonder if any of y'all have found serviceable replacement injectors for my 73 1.7L engine? I don't need them right now, but would like to have replacements for the originals now installed. shades.gif
jhynesrockmtn
QUOTE(Jamie @ Oct 21 2022, 04:51 PM) *

I wonder if any of y'all have found serviceable replacement injectors for my 73 1.7L engine? I don't need them right now, but would like to have replacements for the originals now installed. shades.gif

I had a similar good experience with Mr. Injector on my 1.7. I found my 70 1.7 had 3 old 1.7 and one 2.0 injector that was flowing too much fuel and fouling that cylinder. I took 8 injectors to him ( I have another 1.7 ) and he tested all 8 and they all failed. He didn't charge me a dime and I tried to get him to take at least a few bucks. He suggested a good aftermarket replacement, the FJ114. I bought them from Rockauto for $76 each.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.