Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Woohoo....new job part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Gave my two week notice today. Since I'm joining a competitor of my former company, I got walked out the door, with 2 weeks pay for my 2 weeks notice. Not bad. I also have 8 weeks of vacation pay coming in a check (minus about 41% to our government).

I start my new job on August 1st. That's 25 days to work on JLO's V8 conversion.

Hmmm....not a bad summer.... laugh.gif

Bill P.
GTeener
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jul 5 2005, 03:55 PM)
Gave my two week notice today. Since I'm joining a competitor of my former company, I got walked out the door, with 2 weeks pay for my 2 weeks notice. Not bad. I also have 8 weeks of vacation pay coming in a check (minus about 41% to our government).

I start my new job on August 1st. That's 25 days to work on JLO's V8 conversion.

Hmmm....not a bad summer.... laugh.gif

Bill P.

smilie_pokal.gif Way to work it Bill!

Wanna improve GTEENER too biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Let's celebrate! monkeydance.gif

KT
J P Stein
You smooth talkin' sumbitch. laugh.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jul 5 2005, 05:55 PM)
I got walked out the door, with 2 weeks pay for my 2 weeks notice.

I also have 8 weeks of vacation pay coming in a check (minus about 41% to our government).  

That's 25 days to work on JLO's V8 conversion.

Money for nuthin'! That's what I'm talkin'bout! biggrin.gif

If I weren't self employed, I'd try that myself. biggrin.gif

Jenny
I'm picturing the scene from Fight Club where Ed Norton struts out of the office carting computers & monitors after getting into a fight with his boss. Way to go!! clap.gif

Jen
neo914-6
Don't you love when they regret not listening to your needs? laugh.gif Did you get to entertain and turn down their counter offer? happy11.gif

That should insure you will be ready by the 24th!

nine14cats
Hi Felix,

It was interesting. They countered with more money...I told them that we need to remember the reason I was leaving is that we wouldn't hire sales guys in Taiwan and Hong Kong.....the whole issue was I didn't want to live in Asia half time....

My boss just had a blank stare on his face... blink.gif

I also just heard I only have 15 days to work on JLO for July. Doris wants to go to Hawaii the last week of July to "celebrate".... laugh.gif

I may just have to tear myself away and go..... grouphug.gif

Bill P.
Brent
So Bill, was it HP you left? I mean Algilent?
nine14cats
Hi Brent,

I left an HP/Agilent spinoff called Lumileds Lighting. It's a joint venture between Agilent and Philips Lighting. Great products, but lean and mean...I couldn't take the travel anymore.... barf.gif

Bill P.
Brent
Yep, I worked there in Materials and Purchasing before they decided to start "contracting" all the support. Hewlett and Packard must be rolling in their graves after what was done to their family oriented company. Brett ( another member ) also worked there as software support for the Engineering group, but left soon after I did in '97.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.