Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dispute about fuel filter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
911GT2
So in order to get the car sorted once it's here it started ordering parts.

Because shipping from the well know US shops to EU is expensive I found another shop that had some parts I needed.

So I ordered the parts one of them was a new fuel filter.

Like you can see in the link the filter has slots on the connections so the fuel lines have something to grip on to. And good thing to as fuel injection obviously has pressure on it.

What they send me is this:
Click to view attachment
This is a cheap 2 euro Bosch 0 450 904 058 generic fuel filter.

So not only did they overcharge me by almost three times, they just din't deliver what was promised in the picture.

The seller literally states "The Filter you received is correct for your car." And yes I can send it back (more expensive to do so than to just buy another one locally) but I ordered online because I needed more parts not just this filter.

Anyway - keep away from this site!
falcor75
Rosepassion is usually really good but in this case I think they have gotten the info from their supplier and dont have their own knowledge to go on to realize that it is the wrong filter for a 914.
911GT2
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Mar 12 2020, 01:26 AM) *

Rosepassion is usually really good but in this case I think they have gotten the info from their supplier and dont have their own knowledge to go on to realize that it is the wrong filter for a 914.

Well that's exactly what I tried to tell them. But it doesn't sink in.
Spoke
I think these are the guys who offer the Euromeister Fuchs.

9x17 Euro-Fuchs
mepstein
When this kind of stuff happens I just call my credit card company, explain the problem, and they take care of it. I hope you can do the same.
911GT2
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 12 2020, 03:53 AM) *

When this kind of stuff happens I just call my credit card company, explain the problem, and they take care of it. I hope you can do the same.

It's not about the money for me.

I would just like an email back stating: Sorry we made is mistake, you were right we'll send you another filter.

God only knows what would happen if I or another teener would mount this and it would come lose while driving...
914Sixer
There are about 50 parts that I know of that are NOT Correct for the 914 BUT someone put them in a catalog and that makes them the FINAL WORD as being accurate. Really pisses me off when you provide them with the correct information and they tell you your the dumb ass.
Bleyseng
Make sure you get the correct filter but is made in Israel not China as that one splits apart after being under pressure. The 76-79 VW bus guys have had lots of problems with the Chinese ones.
76-914
IIRC, That filter should be on the intake side of the pump and never under pressure. confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that fuel filter is for a low pressure carb car

QUOTE(911GT2 @ Mar 12 2020, 01:51 AM) *

So in order to get the car sorted once it's here it started ordering parts.

Because shipping from the well know US shops to EU is expensive I found another shop that had some parts I needed.

So I ordered the parts one of them was a new fuel filter.

Like you can see in the link the filter has slots on the connections so the fuel lines have something to grip on to. And good thing to as fuel injection obviously has pressure on it.

What they send me is this:
Click to view attachment
This is a cheap 2 euro Bosch 0 450 904 058 generic fuel filter.

So not only did they overcharge me by almost three times, they just din't deliver what was promised in the picture.

The seller literally states "The Filter you received is correct for your car." And yes I can send it back (more expensive to do so than to just buy another one locally) but I ordered online because I needed more parts not just this filter.

Anyway - keep away from this site!

rhodyguy
The FI filter works just dandy. Get the one with the same size nipples. No line hassles that way. Install prior to the pump in the correct orientation and use shouldered clamps.
ClayPerrine
I use this on Betty's car:

IPB Image

It is used on a 1987 Nissan Pulsar. It is designed to be in the pressure loop after the pump, not in front of the pump. I have it mounted in the engine compartment. It picks up the small particles that could clog the injectors. I also have a low pressure filter in front of the pump to protect it from debris in the tank.

They are cheap, and available at FLAPS.

Olympic 914
/\

I like this idea..
Mikey914
First off, if they dorked it up, they should be on the hook.

Secondly,
Support your 914world vendors
I have 2 flavors
Inexpensive too

Heck
I'd bet AA even has these

The right part has the right fuel flow. May not be an issue, but you don't know until you find out.

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/s.../?q=fuel+filter
914Sixer
Either one of 914Rubber filters will work . The bad is neither lock into the filter holder.
911GT2
Update: Reaction from Rosepassion.

Dear Sir, This filter is mounted between the tank and the pump (low pressure here). You have to mount it in the correct way by respecting the arrow on it (respecting the fuel flow). It does the job perfectly since we sold it (more than 10 years) We proposed you to send back the filter for a refund if you won't keep this item. The part remains correct and it is not our responsibility to handle the return cost. However, has a commercial gesture, we are going to refund you this item directly on your Paypal account without asking you to send it back. The credit note is already done. Best regards,

So stubborn still, but the service has picked up!

I'll leave it at this.
Mikey914
The big problem is that that type of low pressure filter is know to leak (in a high pressure system) and I have know that for over 25 years chair.gif

Apparently they make a good website and sell parts well, just no real life experience with the parts.

At least you are in the right place here. Plenty of knowledgeable folks.

I know George and I both ship internationally is you can't buy locally.
cosm3os
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 12 2020, 06:11 PM) *

Secondly,
I have 2 flavors
Inexpensive too

Heck

The right part has the right fuel flow. May not be an issue, but you don't know until you find out.

Is the half metal one ok for carbs?
buck toenges
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 12 2020, 07:11 PM) *

Secondly,
I have 2 flavors
Inexpensive too

Heck

Can you tell me if either of these fuel filters have different size inlet and outlet?
rgalla9146
QUOTE(cosm3os @ Mar 13 2020, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 12 2020, 06:11 PM) *

Secondly,
I have 2 flavors
Inexpensive too

Heck

Is the half metal one ok for carbs?

Yes, it is the current best choice.

Mikey914
Pretty sure the both do but can confirm in the morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.