Full Version: Trademark Rights of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Part Pricer
IPB Image

914Club

Re: Trademark Rights of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Our Ref.: 11291-978001

Dear Sir or Madam:

It has come to our attention that you are using a likeness of the officially-licensed PORSCHE® Shopping Cart. We represent Porsche Cars North America, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG ("Porsche"). Porsche Cars North America, Inc. is the exclusive distributor of PORSCHE® automobiles in the United States and is charged with enforcement of Porsche's trademark rights in the United States. As you are likely aware, Porsche has used its PORSCHE® mark in the United States for decades in connection with its world-famous automobiles and related products. Furthermore, Porsche is the owner of numerous federal trademark registrations for the PORSCHE® mark. Examples of such registrations are enclosed for your reference.

Given Porsche's substantial investment of time, money, and effort in promoting its PORSCHE® mark, and the widespread recognition and acceptance of its products offered under the mark, it is likely that consumers would be confused as to the source of any products or services you were to offer in connection with the PORSCHE® Shopping Cart. In addition, it is likely that consumers would mistakenly believe that Porsche is affiliated with you or your organization, or has sponsored or endoresed your products or services. Therefore, your unauthorized use of the PORSCHE® Shopping Cart could constitute a violation of the federal Lanham Act, as well as applicable state unfair competition statutes.

Because it is possible that you were unaware of the significant liability you would incur if your use of the PORSCHE® Shopping Cart was found to be a violation of the Lanham Act, we wanted to bring this matter to your attention now, before any signifcant financial investments have been made in connection with the PORSCHE® Shopping Cart, in order to give you the opportunity to voluntarily discontinue any plans that you may have to use the PORSCHE® Shopping Cart. In addition, because Porsche would prefer to settle matters of this nature amicably without resorting to expensive, time consuming litigation, Porsche is willing to forego any claim if you agree to the terms set forth below, namely that you discontinue use of the PORSCHE® Shopping Cart.

However, if you do not agree to the terms set forth below, we will have no choice but to recommend that Porsche consider any and all available legal remedies in order to prevent these acts of infringement and preserve the considerable goodwill associated with Porsche's marks, including without limitation the initiation of a civil action asserting a claim for damages and an award of attorneys' fees. Therefore, if you wish to resolve this matter amicably, please sign and date the enclosed copy of this letter at the spaces provided and then return it to us within the next thirty days.

Sincerely,

Jana L. France

biggrin.gif
echocanyons
Well I guess since we are now recognized by PORSCHE(dunno how to post the trademark sign)
that makes this the official 914 website clap56.gif

Wow that was fast how long has that been up two days maybe three?
Jeroen
Paul, thanks for posting
ROTFLMAO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
That is hilarious.

What makes you think we wherent aleady recognized ??

B
tryan
you do have to respect their rights, we would all expect the same.

but who would name their child 'Jana'. is it a girl or a guy? blink.gif

if we own a porsche ( or two ) does that give us the legal right to display "the crest" for our own personal use? if that crest was an enamel plate purchased though a licensed outlet, i think you should legally allowed to display it. food for thought.
echocanyons
What makes you think we wherent aleady recognized ??

I guess cuz the site is so new and the 914 is pretty far from Porsches focus today.
silver six
So Porsche isn't asking the 914 Club to not use the Porsche shield, just to not use the "Porsche Shopping Cart." Brad, have you been playing go-cart racing with the Porsche Shopping cart?

I can't find the shopping cart on this site. Is it here somewhere? If not I'm not sure what they are complaining about.

Douglas
Part Pricer
Douglas, look here:

http://www.914world.com/classifieds/index.php
Brad Roberts
Doug,

"they" are not complaining. Its Paul Heery having fun with the Porsche "letter" that gets sent out to everyone who uses the Porsche crest.

B
Jeroen
April Fools Day!!!
Can't believe you guys took Paul's post seriously
wink.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
si2t3m
Well... For a minute or 2... yeah!

I'm such a sucker!

Marc-André
echocanyons
sheesh, I thought it was a real letter too.
Part Pricer
I'm sorry guys. I was just funnin' ya. I won't do it again. I probably won't have the time anyway. My economic situation has forced me to start unloading some of my possessions. First up is this bridge that I need to unload. Anybody interested?

IPB Image
drew365
Reminds me of a real estate broker that used to be near my house called Conzem Realty. I kid you not! I always wondered why they didn't change the name.
Mike T
[QUOTE](dunno how to post the trademark sign)[QUOTE]

Hey echocanyons, here ya go;

registered trademark type alt+0430 " ® "

and another usefull one is; alt+248 ° (the "degree" sign)

Mike T
campbellcj
In HTML it's better to use ® for the ® symbol...
Mark Henry
How much for the bridge?
bernbomb914
Which Bridge huh.gif
echocanyons
Thanks for the code tips guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.