Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headlight replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
only one will go to high beams on my 1972. I just went to advance auto parts but they don't have the replacement bulb nor did their computer show one - they suggested a headlight that has the bulb built in? Is this what you guys are using or is the build available somewhere? I did not remove the headlight assy yet - maybe I have a sealed combined unit?
Joe Ricard
2 kinds will fit. the 7" round sealed beam. "U.S. dim lite"
or Hella H-4 either US or Euro.

either style has 3 prongs and fits the cars connector.

H-4's have a bulb that comes out and can be replaced for about 5 to 10 dollars for 55-65w bulb You can get brighter ones. wacko.gif I have 100W for my H-3 driving lights. mgw.gif
jimkelly
Thanks - after I sent my message I read more in the Haynes and found that it may be a sealed unit so I disassembled the headlight to find indeed it is a sealed unit. I als found a puddle of water in there so I unclogeed the drain hole - dummy - and flooded my garage laugh.gif I went back to advance and got two new headlights and installed one on the side that was not working - it works now but I tink my problem was bad connections ultimately.
tat2dphreak
O'Reilly carries a Sylvania silver(?) star replacement, too, very nice, bright. not 100% sure on the name, I think it was *something* star anyway
jimkelly
I ended up with advance auto parts - sylvania H6024 - I think it was - works fine.

Thanks - Jim

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.