Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Widebody Racecar CL Ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Jengah
This just popped up. Comes with extra Fuchs (maybe replicas) and what I beleive are Centerlines.

Not mine...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d...7092323287.html
Thunderchief
That's crazy wide!!
eric9144
The parts pictured are worth more than the asking price. That looks like a Sheridan body
Tdskip
I have an appointment to see it in the morning, will report back.
Tdskip
It’s been hit in the front - trunk floor still wrinkled.

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Gulp, I bought it.

Details to follow.
eric9144
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 13 2020, 12:20 PM) *

Gulp, I bought it.

Details to follow.

first.gif
The parts were the big draw. Sets of Fuchs, the sheridan kit, looked like another engine in the tubs piratenanner.gif
Tdskip
OK gentlemen-I’ve got this thing somewhat torn down and organized. The seller said that there were a lot of local phone calls on the car, if that was any of you and you saw something you needed let’s start talking about getting you what you need.

The core shell is pretty decent - might be a good way to go racing for cheap. From everything on it, and the condition of the parts, it looks like mechanically it was well cared for and there was good attention to detail.

It did have, as I mentioned above, some sort of driver side front impact but looking at the alignment and struts positions it didn’t really mess things up too badly. My hunch is it probably drove fine.

It’s a total bummer that it got stored outside, it appears that the engine was in very good condition before it got wet. Still figuring out what TLC should be done short of stripping the whole thing down.
flat4guy
I missed the ad - any pics?
Tdskip
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Mar 13 2020, 09:44 PM) *

I missed the ad - any pics?

Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment

Fenders all removed.

It came with a lot of spares including

Machined case for big bore
2.0L crank
New still in packaging Piston set (big bore)
New still in packaging Cylinder set (big bore)
Full 2.0L FI set up

And a bunch of other stuff...

eric9144
first.gif
If you start parting out I need seat rails, seat side, left and right.
I think this is a double your money in parts buy, well done!
beerchug.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 13 2020, 11:00 PM) *

first.gif
If you start parting out I need seat rails, seat side, left and right.
I think this is a double your money in parts buy, well done!
beerchug.gif

Need to come up with a plan here but have you marked down for those if I go that route.

Thanks mate, enjoy what looks to be a brief window of sun today.
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
This was very nicely fabricated – looks like it would do a decent job of managing oil temperature.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.