Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Product
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peteyd
Hello World!

We have started to reproduce wiring harnesses. Here is a video of Peter K, our wiring manager, installing a harness in our 914/6 we are working on here at the shop. There is a link in the description to our website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meuFs3HaUj0

http://www.restoration-design.com/store/category/914-WIRE

We also have alternator, /6 engine harness and ignition harnesses. FI harnesses are also being developed and some have gone out the door already, so if you dont see it on the website, inquire.

Pete
mepstein
Great "how to" video.
Will you be adding 4 harnesses to the list?
gms
I saw one at the LA lit show, looked very well done
smilie_pokal.gif
peteyd
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 13 2020, 08:21 AM) *

Great "how to" video.

Thanks Mark.

Currently we don't have plans for /4 harnesses. I don't anticipate guys wanting to pay $2500 for a /4 harness. But it makes sense for the /6 guys.

We could always offer a repair service though.

Pete
peteyd
QUOTE(gms @ Mar 13 2020, 08:27 AM) *

I saw one at the LA lit show, looked very well done
smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks Glenn!
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
914werke
Tape? Perhaps they mean cloth wrap? IIRC Vinyl tape didnt get used till late cars.
Edit: nvrmnd sounds like they using tape for protection
TonyA
Very nice....$2500 for a perfect wire job for 1 914-4 may not be to far out of the question as you might think IMHO
mb911
Very nice engine harnesses to.. That would make things pretty simple for conversion guys.
Mark Henry
A product to consider for 914/6 conversion customers is a conversion wiring harness for 911 turn, wiper and ignition switches.
If you want I could be a test mule, I have everything except the harness and I am planing to do this mod next winter.
mb911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 13 2020, 10:36 AM) *

A product to consider for 914/6 conversion customers is a conversion wiring harness for 911 turn, wiper and ignition switches.
If you want I could be a test mule, I have everything except the harness and I am planing to do this mod next winter.

Good point.. I am planning to do mine this summer..
peteyd
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 13 2020, 10:36 AM) *

Mark,

Good idea. We can work together on developing this.

PM sent
raynekat
You can get a 71 914-4 NOS wiring harness from Aase Sales for $1500.
I think this could be retrofitted to most 4 cylinder cars with some thought.
I used one on my 71 914-6 conversion and it was worth it for sure.

Pete's product looks great for 914-6's.
And the installation video is wonderful for anyone installing a harness in any chassis.
914e
QUOTE(peteyd @ Mar 13 2020, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 13 2020, 08:21 AM) *

Great "how to" video.

Thanks Mark.

Currently we don't have plans for /4 harnesses. I don't anticipate guys wanting to pay $2500 for a /4 harness. But it makes sense for the /6 guys.

We could always offer a repair service though.

Pete

With the amount of time and head scatching I have spent piecing together what is left my /4 harness, $2500 is starting to look attractive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.