Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: @#*! GGR is imposing noise control at Alameda
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Guess neighbors havent been happy with the noise at Alameda AX. They are establishing similar standards to Laguna Seca - 92 db this weekend.

Not sure my Supertrapp with 15 disks will pass and that muffler sucks wih fewer disks.

Biggest question I have is there a good flowing and quiet tube exhaust that has 2.5" inlet that is roughly same diameter as my Supertrapp (roughly 3 to 4 inches) and is 17 to 19 inches long? Oh yeah, that I can buy locally in South Bay area this week?

Trekkor
Grant, they have been sending that e-mail warning since last year and I have yet to see the "threatened" sound meter come out.

That being said, go to FLAPS and buy El Cheapo muffler and make/have a flange made for it. Bolt it on if the meter comes out ( likely won't ).

KT

I ran open mega-phones at Candlestick last year and didn't even get a dirty look.
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jul 5 2005, 05:01 PM)
Grant, they have been sending that e-mail warning since last year and I have yet to see the "threatened" sound meter come out.

That being said, go to FLAPS and buy El Cheapo muffler and make/have a flange made for it. Bolt it on if the meter comes out ( likely won't ).

KT

I ran open mega-phones at Candlestick last year and didn't even get a dirty look.

Oh I just signed up for emails so it appeared to be a new deal to me. Guess I'll go with all 15 disks blazing and if sound police show up I'll pull a few and run a little slower.
DanT
John Beck has been Axing his 911 with 2.8L twin plug, using phase 9s and has yet to be called on it. I think as long as we don't go overboard we will be OK. I believe it is the Alameda Fire Dept. that does the spot checks. Last Ax I attended there(#3), I was one of a couple of AXers that was requested to give the Fire folks a ride on the course. I had the Captain and he was impressed and is a Porsche guy... Was looking that afternoon at a 911SC.
I think it is one of those ...we will be watching and listening, but as yet to see any repercussions. smilie_pokal.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 5 2005, 05:28 PM)
John Beck has been Axing his 911 with 2.8L twin plug, using phase 9s and has yet to be called on it. I think as long as we don't go overboard we will be OK. I believe it is the Alameda Fire Dept. that does the spot checks. Last Ax I attended there(#3), I was one of a couple of AXers that was requested to give the Fire folks a ride on the course. I had the Captain and he was impressed and is a Porsche guy... Was looking that afternoon at a 911SC.
I think it is one of those ...we will be watching and listening, but as yet to see any repercussions. smilie_pokal.gif

Ok ..just call me chicken little. I thought the sky was falling. biggrin.gif
Randal
Grant,

Don't go modify anything on your car. Just e-mail Dana and Doug at GGR and ask them if they think your car is loud. They were down racing with you at the Marina so can give you a heads up if it's loud.

Most of the time they actually don't care, only when some wissy from GGR complains, which typically doesn't happen until you're faster than them.

drew365
I don't know what you have for intake, but on my six with webers it's the intake that makes most of the noise. At Laguna last year I took off my Supertrapps, put on flaps mufflers and built an aluminum and fiber panel sound board to fit across both webers and still got metered at 97.6 db. I'm sure if I had kept the Supertrapps on I'd be well over 100. So if you ever have to make sound, think about the intake as well as the exhaust. I need to find a stock intake assembly for my car before I go back to Laguna.
grantsfo
QUOTE (Randal @ Jul 5 2005, 06:42 PM)
Most of the time they actually don't care, only when some wissy from GGR complains, which typically doesn't happen until you're faster than them.

biggrin.gif Guess that is even more the case when they find out its a junker 1.8. Thanks no worries now.
Trekkor
Anybody get dinged today?

Sounds like I missed a chance to stretch my legs.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.