Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my 914 is on BAT now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
siverson
Hi everyone,

My 914-6 is now live on BAT:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-29/

If anyone has any suggestions for the listing or can provide input if you have seen the car, please do so.

I think this post is ok here as it's not technically an ad, but if not please just remove it.

What a crazy week to start an auction?!?!

Thanks!

-Steve
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
It seems like BaT is the new place that cars are selling. Probably a wise choice on your part to use it while it's still a trend.

Nice 914-6!
horizontally-opposed
Thanks for the heads up—will be interesting to watch but the bidding is already strong.

And rightly so, for yours is a gorgeous 914-6.
eric9144
Definitely watching this. @Siverson your responsiveness and presentation of the car on the BAT listing is going to take the bidding to the next level. beerchug.gif
Big Len
Best of luck with the auction. Beautiful car that should do well.
Lucky9146
All the best to you! Just looked at the ad and I believe you nailed it. 60K first day is a very nice start. Great responses too, keep it up!
white914.jpg driving.gif
SKL1
Definitely added that to my watch list this AM- and recognize your avatar subject in the background of some of the pix!

(I like your garage door arrangement too)
914-300Hemi
Good luck with the auction.
campbellcj
Good luck Steve - it's a great car
stevesc_us
Nice example! I just posted a few comments on BAT. GLWA
GeorgeRud
Best of luck on the sale!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I posted too steve. an interior light installed and a dot sticker in the door jamb would have helped. You obviously have spent a bunch of time and money on this car, and I am surprised that you are now selling it. Usually when one has made such a giant commitment to a car (I am sure that you will not get back what you have in it, especially all of that free labor), and wind up with something so nice, they keep the car forever
Jett
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 14 2020, 09:14 AM) *

I posted too steve. an interior light installed and a dot sticker in the door jamb would have helped. You obviously have spent a bunch of time and money on this car, and I am surprised that you are now selling it. Usually when one has made such a giant commitment to a car (I am sure that you will not get back what you have in it, especially all of that free labor), and wind up with something so nice, they keep the car forever

I love the car and color, but I would like to see the interior light, correct side mirror, stock carpet, speakers, stereo, seatbelts installed, steering wheel, VIN sticker, back pad fixed, door vent grills, frunk carpet, remove screws in trunk, restore the exhaust, and a few other minor issues.
thelogo
Cleanest orignal /6 at the route 66 gathering
So i would think you would have offers coming left and right

But it is one of those cars that are too nice to drive.
I think
Thats then only flaw i see ....
And every one wants to steal you wheels ... pray.gif

I hope it sells that way now i can be the tallest guy driving a 914

Pics with rockers removed ? Lol

eric9144
Funny how many people get on BAT to nit pick
"I don't see that $4.50 trim cap on the seatbelt upper mount, I give you three-fiddy" lol-2.gif av-943.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes but wading through, there are many good comments that will enhance the auction and make the buyer appreciate the car

QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 14 2020, 12:35 PM) *

Funny how many people get on BAT to nit pick
"I don't see that $4.50 trim cap on the seatbelt upper mount, I give you three-fiddy" lol-2.gif av-943.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 14 2020, 01:05 PM) *

yes but wading through, there are many good comments that will enhance the acution and make the buyer appreciate the car

Absolutely and the car speaks for itself. Just always have to laugh at the internet s#it posters. The real buyers usually hide in the shadows until the last 5 minutes beerchug.gif
raynekat
What happened to all the plastic plugs that hide the screws that hold on the interior vinyl trim pieces?
Seems like everyone of them is missing.
Details, details, details.....
Just the tip of the iceberg, but still a nice looking car.
When I see all the missing or incorrect items, it makes me wonder what else that I can't see is incorrect or missing???

So that would be my suggestion....get as much of this low hanging fruit addressed. Your final sales price will reflect the amount of detail work you have accomplished.
Good luck with the sale.
Again, a very nice looking car.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
rolleyes.gif "OK, I'll remedy the little things And keep the 5 Mahles and $1k worth of tires". Pick your poison. little glycerin on the front top seal will help with the top.
porschetub
Totally lost on why it hadn't sold before,bidding appears to be strong so this must be the better market place,the little nit-picky things are far out weighed by the fact in has a upgraded/rebuilt motor and gearbox refreshed which most will know is certainly not cheap.
With less than six days to go it will be interesting to see the final winning bid popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif .
Mikey914
It is as is where is. You could spend a lot more time and money, but where is the fun in doing some of this as the new owner?

If this is as bad as it gets, and prettye it is, then bid accordingly.
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 14 2020, 10:27 AM) *

I love the car and color, but I would like to see the interior light, correct side mirror, stock carpet, speakers, stereo, seatbelts installed, steering wheel, VIN sticker, back pad fixed, door vent grills, frunk carpet, remove screws in trunk, restore the exhaust, and a few other minor issues.

...and if those "minor issues" were addressed, you'd buy the car? poke.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Mar 14 2020, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 14 2020, 10:27 AM) *

...and if those "minor issues" were addressed, you'd buy the car? poke.gif

I think so. Looks like Jett has bid twice already! popcorn[1].gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Mar 14 2020, 07:02 PM) *

I think so. Looks like Jett has bid twice already!

I apologize. Maybe the first time I've seen someone nit pick a for sale car but actually be interested in buying it.

Good luck Jett!
r_towle
sad all those "experts" commenting.
Just bid or don't say anything...really people.

GLWTS

Its a great looking car, something to pass on to the next caretaker!

Rich
pete000
Fingers crossed for six figures...GLWS
siverson
QUOTE(thelogo @ Mar 14 2020, 11:09 AM) *

I hope it sells that way now i can be the tallest guy driving a 914

Pics with rockers removed ? Lol

I have another 914 that will be back together shortly.

-Steve
siverson
Those are all good things to address and I have been meaning to get to several of them for a while but just a super busy life/work/kids has got in the way.

-Steve
oldschool
QUOTE(siverson @ Mar 13 2020, 12:45 PM) *

Hi everyone,

My 914-6 is now live on BAT:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-29/

If anyone has any suggestions for the listing or can provide input if you have seen the car, please do so.

I think this post is ok here as it's not technically an ad, but if not please just remove it.

What a crazy week to start an auction?!?!

Thanks!

-Steve

Steve I may be doing the same soon.
horizontally-opposed
Nit-pickers aside (said as someone who is as nit-picky as anyone...), this 6 is nicer, more correct, and more desirable (to me) than some of the 6s that have gone to six figures on BaT.

Color, overall look, wheels, and seller all seem spot on to me. Sure, he's an enthusiastic driver and uses the car—but any concern about the hard launch would be addressed in the 901 and the drive shafts....a small amount of $ against the price this is likely to go to. And the runs to redline (the engine's, not the tach's) are encouraging to me rather than discouraging. That's what these cars were made to do. And I'd definitely take this 914-6 over one that has sat and needs everything and every seal to be gone through. But that's just me. As for the concours concerns, they can be easily rectified, it looks like—but the deleted U.S. side markers, Euro lenses, Euro driving lights, steering wheel, etc sum it up for me: Incorrect, but great calls that would add to my enjoyment of the car. There are enough perfect examples out there to compete for 100 points. This one looks like a super nice driver, which is my favorite kind of car. And Irish remains one of my favorite colors on the 914... wub.gif
SKL1
Pete, you would have liked this car in the display last September in LA... smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Mar 15 2020, 12:31 PM) *

Pete, you would have liked this car in the display last September in LA... smile.gif

I sure would have. There's just something about an Irish Green early car for me. I don't care for the color quite so much on modern Porsches—I think it's that they're too big?—but find it utterly irresitable on late 356s, longhand 911s & 912s, and 914s.

I'd store this car's Mahle for occasional use, add a set of deep 6s or 7Rs, and get back to driving.
Gint
QUOTE(siverson @ Mar 14 2020, 10:48 PM) *
Those are all good things to address and I have been meaning to get to several of them for a while but just a super busy life/work/kids has got in the way.

-Steve

Bah... Don't let it bother ya. It's a nice car and that price will go up when the auction gets closer to the end. GL!
Spoke
Very nice car. Beautiful!

The air cleaner has a better sheen than most cars.

porschetub
Tough crew on this sale wow ? but not in a good way IMO car is 75K easy but we do have issues with Corona which will effect luxury items like cars which as we all know are not great investments...food for thought.
Mikey914
Well,
If you have cash in the bank it's a buyers market. It just got a little harder to borrow against your 401K.
raynekat
QUOTE(porschetub @ Mar 16 2020, 06:45 PM) *

Tough crew on this sale wow ? but not in a good way IMO car is 75K easy but we do have issues with Corona which will effect luxury items like cars which as we all know are not great investments...food for thought.

Absolutely agree.
It will be tough getting top dollar now as the Corona steamrolls though the economy.
Maltese Falcon
I'm not sure how you & BAT have this auction set up with a reserve but in the world of 914s...a perfect car (near perfect car) it only takes one seller and one buyer to get the deal done. Good luck as always with this sale, there is one new owner-to-be out there hunting this down !
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 17 2020, 07:31 AM) *

I'm not sure how you & BAT have this auction set up with a reserve but in the world of 914s...a perfect car (near perfect car) it only takes one seller and one buyer to get the deal done. Good luck as always with this sale, there is one new owner-to-be out there hunting this down !

^ True, and only one seller and 2-3 real buyers to obtain a very good price—and this car has the right combo of features, colors, and condition to be deeply desirable to a lot of folks who can see through a temporary crisis. It will be interesting to see what happens, but this is a very nice example...
eric9144
Gold prices are at a staggering $1675 ...that generally means people are trying to stash money into tangible objects due to market instability. Buying a beautiful /6 during times like this is not actually a bad idea
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 17 2020, 09:58 AM) *

Gold prices are at a staggering $1675 ...that generally means people are trying to stash money into tangible objects due to market instability. Buying a beautiful /6 during times like this is not actually a bad idea

And you can't drive your gold bricks driving.gif driving-girl.gif
get off my lawn
I was thinking that instead of BAT, you could give it to me to drive around for a while and drum up interest.
No?

it was worth a shot.
thelogo
beer3.gif

This is a car and an investment
(I assume will double in price in short time )
but
914 is a narrow market
/6 is even less

( cause i already have a 914)
I would buy a 993 if i had the $
And a guy i know just got a c7r for 80k
Coolest vette ever but a automatic.
650 hr /650 torque( thats 2 993)
570 torque from 1200rpm .lol

flag.gif
siverson
Only 90 minutes to go!

Any guesses what the high bid will be?

-Steve
Root_Werks
I haven't paid much attention to BaT. Do cars typically get bid up in the final minutes?

This is a really nice 914-6.

My guess is $85k.
eric9144
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 20 2020, 10:50 AM) *

I haven't paid much attention to BaT. Do cars typically get bid up in the final minutes?

YES! And most actual bidders won't show their hand until the last 2 minutes. The cool thing (for the seller) is that unlike EBay, each new bid resets the clock by 2 more minutes so you really see it go out to where the bidders have gone "all in"

GLWTS! Interested so see where it goes beerchug.gif
eric9144
Well if anyone else was planning on selling soon, might be a good time to hold tight dry.gif
Steve
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Mar 20 2020, 12:24 PM) *

Well if anyone else was planning on selling soon, might be a good time to hold tight dry.gif

agree.gif
COVID 19 has a lot of people scared. I think it would of hit closer to $100k otherwise.
Mark Henry
agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.