Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: buying a longblock motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goodwood73
I am working on a 73 1.7 sawzall-smiley.gif and was looking around ebay for parts. I came across an auction for this company selling engines. Does anybody have any experience with these guys. It looks like I can get a new big bore with 2.0 heads and other goodies for $2,575.00. I don't intend to send my old engine back for core deposit so that would be my total. This seems like a good deal. Here is the link for the site. Is there anywhere on the east coast that can beat this deal? I'm in Atlanta GA.

leopard III big bore 2.0 for $2575.00

Thanks
Paul
Jake Raby
WHOO HOO!!!!

Do a search on this one, fella!

You'll find more than enough info.

Mass production kills these engines!

The PARTS to do that longblock correctly sell for more than the cost of that entire engine.
URY914
Take a drive up into the Black Forest and see Jake. wink.gif

Paul
tat2dphreak
this comes up a few times a year I think... do a search, someone here even bought one and it was trash before it was even in the car...

Jake is the way to go, and is in your neck of the woods...
dinomium
In other words:
RUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnn AWAYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
aaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This is really one of those items that you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If you are looking to just slap something in it and then Sell to Miles, then go ahead. If not, then do some more research!
headbang.gif if you buy from those guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.