Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Current Leak - Fuse 11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
Hey,

Has anyone ever had a current leak off of fuse 11?

Emergency Flashers, Interior Light (possibly turn signals and their indicator lights, parking brake indicator light, speedometer gauge light, fuel gauge light, tach gauge light, temp control light)

according to previous research, the above are the possible culprits....

Thank you in advance!
theer
How much is leaking?

Do you have a stereo and/or external amp hooked up to this fuse (this was a problem I had - the amp was not turning off)?

You'll likely have to run this down by trial and error. Start with the easy stuff first - one at a time: take the bulb out of the interior light, unplug the big connector under the steering column, take bulbs out of blinkers, and so on, until you see the drain drop.

The gauge lights are all wired in one extended series wired from the headlight switch. Try dimming the gauge lights to see if that does anything to reduce the drain.

Or, come on out to Dover, MA and I'll help you track it down.
SirAndy
Check the defroster light on top of the center tunnel. The back is notorious for shorts to ground as you literally only have one millimeter of error to work with and it is easy to fix with some insulation.

Not sure if that runs off fuse 11 though.
idea.gif

ctc911ctc
FIXED!

I installed an oil pressure gauge and used the CLOCK wires - did not think about the Clock having an always-on connection. Going to tap off of the Voltage gauge tomorrow.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 17 2020, 05:56 PM) *
FIXED!
I installed an oil pressure gauge and used the CLOCK wires - did not think about the Clock having an always-on connection. Going to tap off of the Voltage gauge tomorrow.

That'll do ...
biggrin.gif

jfort
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 17 2020, 04:56 PM) *

FIXED!

thanks for posting the fix. i always appreciate learning what worked
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.