914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xsurfer
It is my understanding that Porsche no longer provides COA
confirmations. What is the best way to prove a car has matching
numbers?

Thanks

Gene
914Sixer
IF you give them your engine number they will include it on the COA provided it is the CORRECT one that hey have listed. They will not tell you what the number is if you do not provide the correct one. Transmission numbers for the 914 were never recorded to my knowledge.
Craigers17
You can verify much of the information you are requesting, but you have to take it to one of a handful of verified dealers, where they will perform an inspection on your car. I assume that they then send the paperwork to Corporate to cross verify and then they send you out your cert. I THINK it is called the Classic Technical Certificate, ...IIRC, it's around $700 for the ordeal.

Your other option will cost you around $110 and it is the Porsche Production Specifications Certificate. That's what I did, and, coincidentally, I received it this morning. It's pretty lackluster to be honest.

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
The factory bookkeeping wasn't the best, my bet is if the number you provide falls within the production dates they call it original.
davep
I can help. I have provided several CoA equivalents already, and a reasonable price as well. Just not a fancy item with Porsche crest & signatures.
billh1963
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 17 2020, 12:27 PM) *

The factory bookkeeping wasn't the best, my bet is if the number you provide falls within the production dates they call it original.

My bumblebee has a replacement engine that has a number probably only 100 or 200 away from what the number should have been. But, since it didn't match what Porsche has in their records, it was not included on my certificate
Superhawk996
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 17 2020, 01:34 PM) *

I can help. I have provided several CoA equivalents already, and a reasonable price as well. Just not a fancy item with Porsche crest & signatures.

@davep
Please PM. I'm interested but not a believer in CoA or paying Porsche for non-information.
Johny Blackstain
I provided my engine number for my LE when I ordered my COA & of course it matched, but my six does not have her original engine yet the original number was provided to me when I got that COA blink.gif
gms
The problem with the Porsche COA was the translation of the option codes.
David Pateman has an accurate list of options so you will find his information will better match your car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.