Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puttin in a 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Markeydoo
OK I am about to put in a 6. I am going to use the quick 6 motor mount and a side shift tranny. Has any 1 used the Quick 6 mount and what modifications did you need to make if any. Also the car is a 75 and I was also wondering if I need to change out the relay board in the engine compartment. I am using the stock engine wire harness from a 914-6

Thanks
Mark
Steve
I used the quick six with my first six motor.
A couple of issues.

1. Straighten out the shift rod.
2. Only works with headers.
You can't use factory heat exchangers with it.
3. You have to use early motor mounts that mount on each end of the quick six bar.
I used 911 sport mounts.

Otherwise I put 40k miles on my car with a quick six with no problems.
I later switched to a Rich Johnson mount so I could use factory heat exchangers.
Trekkor
You shall say...SIX!

The Quick SIX bar works great. Also using 911 sport mounts.

You can keep the stock relay board in place.
You can take "key-on" power off the board where the FOUR F.I. harness plugged in.

Also depending on the alternator on your SIX, you will or will not be keeping the voltage regulator on the board.
You'll still want to run the wires through the board, though.

If you have more questions or want some pictures just ask or review my thread in the sig.
I think this is covered in there towards the end. wink.gif

Did you already do the oil cooler mod?
( I'm glad somebody asked me before I put my motor in. )

KT
goose2
Mark...the mounts I sent you will work..they came with the bar. Nice to see your project progressing beerchug.gif
Markeydoo
Thanks All
I can't wait to start Removing and replacing.

Markeydoo
Trekor
GREAT post. It will help alot. So you started the motor before you put in the car. Was it on a dolly? Also what fuel pump did you use?
Thanks for your help
Mark
Trekkor
I highly recommend test running the motor if you don't know the history of the motor like I didn't.

Don't go to all the trouble and excitement getting the motor in, only to experience disapointment. headbang.gif

Motor was just sitting on a furniture dolly. The fuel pump I used was the cheapy Facet pump and pressure regulator from FLAPS. Did most of the tuning and testing months before the install.

that 6 into 1 baja header was loud!!! ( nieghbors thought so too. ) cool.gif

You can make a simple start and run test station for about five bucks...( shhh don't tell scott )

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.