Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Next Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
All,

I am almost done with a '74 barn find that last ran in 86.

EVERYTHING I did to the car was the result of reading these pages.

I started this quest as a primer for the next project. A 100 point build.

I am sure there are a few of you who have done this, put 2X $ into a project that you will never see again.

My question is who are the builders out there who have done this, are there good threads on these builds?

List of preferred vendors?

As many of you realize, the search function inside this board is horrible and google is not perfect so I am appealing to the Teener forum.
VaccaRabite
Look in the classics section and see what there - its quite a lot.
Also we have a section that is only build threads.

Zach
Andyrew
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...247250&st=0

Probably the best documented build I've seen.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we build concours cars all of the time at great expense (unfortunately) and with many nos parts to get them perfect, but after everything is said and done, they are still not perfect!
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 18 2020, 10:07 AM) *

All,

I am sure there are a few of you who have done this, put 2X $ into a project that you will never see again.

My question is who are the builders out there who have done this, are there good threads on these builds?

As many of you realize, the search function inside this board is horrible and google is not perfect so I am appealing to the Teener forum.

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 18 2020, 02:56 PM) *

we build concours cars all of the time at great expense (unfortunately) and with many nos parts to get them perfect, but after everything is said and done, they are still not perfect!
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 18 2020, 10:07 AM) *

All,

Click to view attachment

Say George, do you have NOS any of that weird 76 heavy textured sail panel vinyl?
bdstone914
@ctc911ctc
' date='Mar 18 2020, 10:07 AM' post='2795351']
All,

[/quote]

I have a lot of restored parts. I only list a few at a time. Feel free to send me a list as you move thru the project.
Bruce
ctc911ctc
Whoa!!!!

I read for nearly an hour.........this guy is a restoration superhero. Perhaps he will be at the next Goodwood? Need to meet SuperMan914

Unbelievable that he did all that and then meticulously documented each detail!

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 18 2020, 03:19 PM) *

ndfrigi
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 19 2020, 12:20 PM) *

Whoa!!!!

I read for nearly an hour.........this guy is a restoration superhero. Perhaps he will be at the next Goodwood? Need to meet SuperMan914

And Darren is a humble, simple and helpful guy. He was at Oscar’s place/porsche cave when we are working on Jefferey’s car along with some members and Margie with her husband. You should also check Darren’s amazing projects he was doing in his work place.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

bdstone914
@ctc911ctc
' date='Mar 18 2020, 10:07 AM' post='2795351']
All,

[/quote]

I have a lot of restored parts. I only list a few at a time. Feel free to send me a list as you move thru the project.
Bruce
Coondog
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 18 2020, 02:19 PM) *

agree.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 19 2020, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 19 2020, 12:20 PM) *

Whoa!!!!

And Darren is a humble, simple and helpful guy. He was at Oscar’s place/porsche cave when we are working on Jefferey’s car along with some members and Margie with her husband. You should also check Darren’s amazing projects he was doing in his work place.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That looks like a fun day!! Quite a good group of people there!
bbrock
QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 19 2020, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 18 2020, 02:19 PM) *

agree.gif

+1 That's the thread that gave me the courage to dive in. For an current build, it's worth checking out @914_7T3 's build: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...l=marathon+blue Lot's of great stuff for going back to original with no compromises.
914_7T3
The irony is that it was @Darren C along with @SocalAndy that found the solution to why we had no spark.

pray.gif

Read up on it in the below thread starting at Post #27

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...39088&st=40

What a great day with so many turning out to lend support. This was the first time the motor was able to run after reinstallation months earlier.

Good luck with the 100 point build and let me know if I can help in any way!

I'm shooting for a solid 90. laugh.gif

Cairo94507
I have to throw in my 2 cents, Jim, Andy, Kent and Bob have done outstanding work on my Six. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.