Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a Cowl-Fender Photo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
I would greatly appreciate a photo of the junction of the cowl and front fender top, especially how the channels for the weatherstrip come together. Anybody got a photo without the weatherstrip installed?
914e
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 18 2020, 07:46 PM) *

I would greatly appreciate a photo of the junction of the cowl and front fender top, especially how the channels for the weatherstrip come together. Anybody got a photo without the weatherstrip installed?

Does this help? The front deck lid is already on, but I pulled the weatherstrip back.

Click to view attachment
Bmw635
The small rubber strip between cowl and fender just push-in, pull out? Thanks.
Root_Werks
Yes
Literati914
IPB Image

Here's a shot that makes it somewhat clear, though it is a complicated juncture tbh. These two pieces do not actually get welded together, and there's a 3/16" gap or so for the rubber seal to fit into (up on top).

roblav1
I tig those seams up every time before paint.
bkrantz
QUOTE(914e @ Mar 18 2020, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 18 2020, 07:46 PM) *

Does this help? The front deck lid is already on, but I pulled the weatherstrip back.

Click to view attachment

That is perfect--many thanks.

On my car I could make out that the bottom of the channel steps down from the cowl to the fender. Your photo also makes it more clear that the inner vertical lip also steps down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.