Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exhaust stud sizes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
What are the exhaust stud sizes?

Are they all the same size or are there two different sizes on the heads?

This is on a 1.7

references I found say 8x53 & 8x56

Where does the longer ones go if anywhere?
bd1308
bigger go outside, smaller go on inside......i think. i remember having to tweak my exhaust stuff to all fit together......
echocanyons
Sounds good and looks right when I was underneath Britt.

So what the hell is up with the self locking nuts?

When removing them they took the studs with and I cant remove them from the studs.
bd1308
you lucky bastard...i couldnt get my damn studs out. looks like the nut welded itself to the stud....they *ARENT* nylock nuts....just regular ones IMHO.....the nylon melts off or something under the heat. make damn sure the stud holes and threads are well defined and not galled or missing any threads....no aluminum on the studs at all?

it burned my skin when i was trying to F with the clutch stuff.
bd1308
you lucky bastard...i couldnt get my damn studs out. looks like the nut welded itself to the stud....they *ARENT* nylock nuts....just regular ones IMHO.....the nylon melts off or something under the heat. make damn sure the stud holes and threads are well defined and not galled or missing any threads....no aluminum on the studs at all?

it burned my skin when i was trying to F with the clutch stuff.
echocanyons
Only screwed up one stud...not what I'd call lucky wacko.gif
bd1308
call PP, they are local (kinda) and have the part for sure. just ask for small or large, whichever you lost. I *MIGHT* have one of each too.
Jake Raby
I have the replacement studs that are normally SUPER hard to find.....
mikey13
as far as i remember i used 8mm by 60mm exhaust studs, the locking nut is actually a copper nut and it's different then a regular nut because it has a small slit in the side of it to allow it to not rattle off on you.
bd1308
i stand corrected and bow to the experts..
john rogers
In case you ever need it there are double sized studs too, 8mm x 9mm and 8mm x 10mm in case the normal 8mm threads won't hold. You can also time-sert them with the 8mm, 9mm and 10mm sizes if you really need to!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.