Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OEM sill plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Archie
Hi group!

Does anybody know where to get my OEM aluminium sill plates straightened/restored?

Everybody stay healthy out there!
mepstein
914rubber sells them new. Probably cheaper than trying to restore them.
Mikey914
If you can hold tight we are processing a huge batch of these for a group buy. As soon as I have final costing we will be doing the sill plates, and carpet strips, in the "silver" and black.

It will be a significant savings.
Archie
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 19 2020, 05:26 PM) *

914rubber sells them new. Probably cheaper than trying to restore them.

Thanks.
Archie
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 20 2020, 10:48 AM) *

If you can hold tight we are processing a huge batch of these for a group buy. As soon as I have final costing we will be doing the sill plates, and carpet strips, in the "silver" and black.

It will be a significant savings.

Great news! Thanks, Mikey.
sholman5
I purchased a set of black anodized black ones from 914rubber. Changed from oem aluminum finish. Love the look. Goes well with the charcoal german loop carpet kit, which I got from them also.Click to view attachment
Mikey914
One thing to note on the black ones is that they are hard coat anodized. So the exterior is an aluminum oxide. They are VERY difficult to scratch, and the carpet strips will not pull down and deform.

The GB on these got pushed back about a week. I've been a bit busy at the day job. Flying planes to Mexico and bringing folks back. I will get this listed up shortly.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Raul Paz (a member here) was the original re creator of these and did a magnificient job. We have a set of his on both the m471 GT and the 916. One cannot tell them from the original discontinued parts.

QUOTE(Archie @ Mar 19 2020, 05:15 PM) *

Hi group!

Does anybody know where to get my OEM aluminium sill plates straightened/restored?

Everybody stay healthy out there!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.