Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diesel Air Horns
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rikyrat

I swear of all the place I have lived, this place - Phoenix, Az - has got to have the rudest drivers on the planets. On the freeway when you signal to change lanes people will purposely speed up to fill the gap so you can't change lanes.

I had one guy try to knock me off of my motorcycle, at a stop light cuz he was pissed that I went around him.

At stoplights, if the light turns green, you don't have time to let the clutch out, and some dit wit, is blowing his horn. I may not be able to solve all of the problems, but I got a solution for the stoplights. I am going to mount a diesel air horn facing backwards, so that I can honk back at them, as I am leaving the line. Probably not the wisest thing to do, considering people here are gun happy, but it will definitely get their attention.

I wanted to get some opinions on if I should do this. Hopefully, it is not illegal. But considering that most people here consider their horn to be attached to the brakes. LOL, it may not be too bad.

Just a passing random thought
Cairo94507
I don't think it's a good idea. People can be unpredictable. Funny, but no.
Superhawk996
As a fellow biker . . . no. You will always lose in a confrontation with a cage.

Use the size and speed of the motorcyle to your advantage. Stay away from idiots.

I've had all manner of cars try to run me off the road. Some unintentonally because they aren't paying attention and others becuse they are just bitter idiots and take exception to a motorcycle getting through traffic they are otherwise stuck in as you've experienced.

Be careful out there. Lot's of crazy out there on the roads everywhere. I travel to Phoenix every winter for work - trust me when I say it's only middle of the road for rude behaviour. Love that the curbs at major interstions have so much tire rash on them! Many folks out there are driving by braille. lol-2.gif

Now some might watch the video below and blame the driver of the car. As a biker, I blame the biker -- gotta pay attention and be on the lookout for these idiots. They are everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8FuaSRiTOI

Having said that, I hope this driver was tried and convicted for attempted murder because that is what it was.
GeorgeRud
The driver of the car was obviously a true as..ole, but the biker also neglected the clearly marked double yellow lines.

However, the Southwest is not a good place to intentionally confront other drivers - too many that think nothing of pulling a gun. My brother has lived in Albuquerque for many years and suggests you just have to learn to deal with idiots on the road.
bretth
I always wanted to mount a hidden BB gun behind the rear bumper of my car so that I could shoot a hole in the radiator of a tail gaiter behind me smile.gif
Superhawk996
Words of wisdom

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" George Carlin
AZBanks
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 20 2020, 01:03 PM) *

As a fellow biker . . . no. You will always lose in a confrontation with a cage.

Use the size and speed of the motorcyle to your advantage. Stay away from idiots.

I've had all manner of cars try to run me off the road. Some unintentonally because they aren't paying attention and others becuse they are just bitter idiots and take exception to a motorcycle getting through traffic they are otherwise stuck in as you've experienced.

Be careful out there. Lot's of crazy out there on the roads everywhere. I travel to Phoenix every winter for work - trust me when I say it's only middle of the road for rude behaviour. Love that the curbs at major interstions have so much tire rash on them! Many folks out there are driving by braille. lol-2.gif

Now some might watch the video below and blame the driver of the car. As a biker, I blame the biker -- gotta pay attention and be on the lookout for these idiots. They are everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8FuaSRiTOI

Having said that, I hope this driver was tried and convicted for attempted murder because that is what it was.

The driver in the video got 15 years for aggravated assault.

I live in Phoenix and travel all over the country for work (100,000+ miles on American Airlines the last two years in a row.) I agree that Phoenix is middle of the road when it comes to rude drivers.
Mark Henry
My wife told me to wave and smile at rude drivers, totally fuchs up their crazy train of thought.
Here I've found it works.... most of the time.
ctc911ctc
No sympathy here, drive in Boston for a week, you will love where you live AND all of the silly drivers
JOEPROPER
If you want to ride your motorcycle fast, then take it to the race track, learn to ride correctly and have a blast. Too many obstacles on the public roadways. Race tracks are the safe way to enjoy your bike.
76-914
QUOTE(bretth @ Mar 20 2020, 02:07 PM) *

I always wanted to mount a hidden BB gun behind the rear bumper of my car so that I could shoot a hole in the radiator of a tail gaiter behind me smile.gif

WD40 works great. Keep the red squirter straw installed and keep the can next to you. When someone gets on yer ass just shoot a quick spray out the window. You don't need to hold the can outside if you have the straw inserted so they never see it coming. It's clear like water but when they turn on their WW to clear the glass they instantly know it isn't water. If they're sporting a dirty windshield they'll stick their head out the drivers window faster than you can say 1,2,3. happy11.gif
r_towle
Blinkers are a sign of weakness.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Mar 21 2020, 10:23 AM) *

If you want to ride your motorcycle fast, then take it to the race track, learn to ride correctly and have a blast. Too many obstacles on the public roadways. Race tracks are the safe way to enjoy your bike.

Same thing goes for a car. How would you feel if you took out a family of 6 in their mini van because you didn't see them pull off a side street because you were doing a buck 30 on a 2 lane road?

Just take it to the track.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.