Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Covid 19 Stress Release
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unpretentious
Just had to get out and go for a drive
Superhawk996
biggrin.gif

Wow. That is amazing.

No not Yosemite . . . just the fact that they haven't closed the park yet!

Great scenery - great car. I was there in 2017. Wish I could just take a drive there like this whenever I wanted.

Thanks for sharing it! That very well may become my screen saver for the next week.
stevegm
COTM nomination.
Unpretentious
We drove in at 1:30. They’re closing the park today at 3:00, for who knows how long.
Craigers17
agree.gif ...Great Pic! Great Car! Great way to clear the head and get some fresh air!
beerchug.gif
StarBear
Thanks for sharing! Beautiful car and setting. Gonna self-quarantine myself tomorrow with about 30 minutes of air-cooled driving.
ValcoOscar
Great Jerry, did Cathy join you?

Oscar
gonzo54
Great Picture! But, you went to Yosemite and didn't invite us? We could have a caravan with 2 914's in the picture!
bbrock
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 20 2020, 02:40 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Wow. That is amazing.

No not Yosemite . . . just the fact that they haven't closed the park yet!

To the contrary, the National Park Service has waived entrance fees into the parks. My neighbor took the family to Yellowstone yesterday and said it was as empty as he has seen it. It's a pretty good way to get some social distancing if you ask me. Thanks for sharing the pic. beerchug.gif
Unpretentious
Just got home from “The Valley.” Wow, what a day! Best half tank of gas I’ve ever used. Yes Oscar Cathy was with me. Should’ve had her in the picture. smile.gif We were some of the last people let into the park. Looking at the NPS website, they’re saying, “Yosemite National Park is closed to all park visitors until further notice.” Gonzo54, we’ll have to wait and see when we can return.

God’s blessing and protection to all,
Jerry
VegasRacer
Lake Mead National Recreation Area was open today. There was nobody checking passes or collecting fees. There were lots of people out enjoying the escape on a beautiful spring day.
Click to view attachment
driving.gif I feel much better now. biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
My view wasn’t as good as that. But I did get my car out and drive around my town! Fired right up and drove nice. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
phillstek
Did the same downunder. Couldn’t stand the relentless c19 bombardment so I called up a couple of mates and we went for a drive in the bush.
JamesM
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Mar 20 2020, 01:45 PM) *

We drove in at 1:30. They’re closing the park today at 3:00, for who knows how long.

Eeeek, I have plans to be in Zion in a couple weeks, so far so good but I am hoping they dont follow suit. Yosemite is one of my favorite place on earth. Spent a good deal of time there when I was in high school, haven't been back since the 90s sad.gif

What is the color on that 914? It looks really similar to one i have that the PO painted a 90s C2 silver

drem914
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Mar 21 2020, 08:51 PM) *

My view wasn’t as good as that. But I did get my car out and drive around my town! Fired right up and drove nice. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Did the same thing here yesterday. Saw a lot of people out walking dogs and just getting out of the house in general to get some activity in, but the streets were low on car traffic. wasn't even a line for gas at Costco. Haven't seen that in a while.
914forme
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 21 2020, 10:42 PM) *

Lake Mead National Recreation Area was open today. There was nobody checking passes or collecting fees. There were lots of people out enjoying the escape on a beautiful spring day.
Click to view attachment
driving.gif I feel much better now. biggrin.gif

I love that area.
sithot
Cattle have no issue teaching "Social Distancing". Especially this time of year.

Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
I was hoping to take a ride in a Porsche this week but we got 3 inches of snow today and the salt trucks are out there dumping, even know we are all on lockdown and it will be 50 degrees tomorrow, better salt, salt, salt!

Glad someone got to enjoy a drive.
Unpretentious
Got out again yesterday for a beautiful 2 hour drive on mostly back roads south of Yosemite through North Fork, Bass Lake, Oakhurst and Coarsegold.

Oscar, Cathy was there and drove much of the time!

Blessings to all. Trust you’re all “hunkering down” in your own unique and safe ways,

Jonathan Livesay
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.