Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wtb: one piston
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
H2OSB
Greetings--

I'm looking for a single NPR 96x66 piston. I acquired a set with cylinders some time back in a lot of other parts. They're part of one of the old sets from the 80s designed to make a 1.7 into a 1911 without machining...so the top of the cylinders is VERY thin. I had them checked out by a local engine builder. The pistons were fine but, as expected, the cylinders were out of round.

I decided I would try to build a 1911 using a set of factory 94s that were bored to 96. Unfortunately, one of the pistons had a frozen ring, and as carefully as I tried, the piston ultimately was damaged due to my efforts to remove it.

Does anyone have a single one of these pistons sitting on a shelf collecting dust and would like to see it brought back to life. I could just buy a set off AAs, but these pistons are from the era where even the low end parts were higher quality than what is available today.

Thanks for reading this far
John List(aka H2OSB)
KevinW
Can you post a picture of the piston that you are searching for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.