Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrified my ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I bought a new Optima battery a few weeks ago. Decided to put it in tonight and try out the electricals ohmy.gif . I've been wanting to do this for a while , but have been a bit afraid of what I might find.

I scrutinized the harness from end to end before I installed it. I put a lot of effort into trying to insure that I made all the right wire connections. And...it paid off well!!! Almost everything works as it should smilie_pokal.gif . I'm a bit amazed, and much relieved! So far only a couple of issues to resolve!

Got lights in the front!
Doug Leggins
Pilot fogs too! They are bright!!!

I only have high beam headlights and the fogs only work on low beam.
Doug Leggins
And lights in the back!
Steve
Good thing the lights worked, you might of drove into that big hole in the ground. blink.gif wacko.gif
redshift
laugh.gif

WTG!

M
Doug Leggins
Brake lights, turn signals, emergency flasher, dash lights, fresh air fan controls -3 speeds and back lighting, rear defrost, interior light, windshield wipers -2 speeds, cigarette lighter, horn all work!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I need to change some wiring on the door switches to get the interior light to switch on and off correctly. And the horn is a bit sensitive. But, all-in-all this is great!

This is the first time in over 15 years that this car has had any of these items functioning. And I'm guessing that there are parts from at least 6 or 8 different cars in there!

Made my day!
GWN7
Congrats Doug beerchug.gif
Steve
Congratulations!!
I'm just jealous.
I wish I had time to do a ground up restoration.
I'm also having to much fun driving my car and I don't want to take it apart. driving.gif
JoeSharp
Sooo Doug: I can only assume that your car is the high mileage car in the barn. What is the black car, late 50's Vet?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
CptTripps
smilie_pokal.gif Way To Go! smilie_pokal.gif

So...you going to have that ugly-ass car done in time for MWC?
spare time toys
I like the pace cars replicas smilie_pokal.gif What year was the silver Camaro?
aircooledboy
And the horn is a bit sensitive. But, all-in-all this is great!

Check the rubber cup on the back side of the horn pad. I had the same situation. Seemed like my horn would honk if you looked at it too long. laugh.gif I found that the cup was crushed down from years of non-use, leaving too small of a gap between the horn contacts on the pad and the steering wheel ring. Found a decent cup on one of my parts cars: horn now works good as new. monkeydance.gif
Doug Leggins
The black one is a 57 vette wub.gif

The silver Camaro is an 82.

This hurts - the MWC is out for me this year -again! I tried to work my schedule to allow for me to get to the MWC but it just isn't working out sad.gif . Gonna try again next year smile.gif

here ya go Joe-
Doug Leggins
Thanks Chris for the tip on the rubber cup. I've got a couple of others that I can check to try to find a better one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.