Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 852 members
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
this bbs and its members must constitute a pretty high% of the remaining cars. esp when you consider how many own multiple cars or have had parts cars run through their garage.

kevin
Lawrence
Morning, Kevin,

I hate to burst your bubble, but there were almost 119,000k cars made.

Unless some of us have REALLY big garages.... ;-)
rhodyguy
lawrence, is that # total run or imported cars? when you figure attrition/ totals, i still think the % would be surprising. with the two i have and the 3 i went through for parts thats five through my garage alone.

kevin
Lawrence
Total run.

My gut tells me that 60-65% of the US cars have already been junked. I'm sure a lot of them are sitting in garages, owned by non-web folks.

That number is a total SWAG, but I believe (and hope) there are more out there than we have any idea about.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Lawrence
P.S. 83,000 of the 914/4s came to the US. That's a HUGE amount of cars. (Source: old 914 Club web site)

P.P.S. But I do agree that we're probably one the greatest groups of 914 fans ever assembled!
Bleyseng
Rusty, you think there is roughly 29,000 cars left? I think that is pretty high of an estimate.
Yeah, yeah, most where imported to rust free California but I still think we are lucky if there is 20,000 left either running or parked considering the battery rust problem.
Geoff
TheCabinetmaker
Eight of them have been through my gararge, and five of them are still here. That makes 28,995 unaccounted for? LOL
boxstr
Member #914 will receive a free can of POR 15, a sticker and a bag of goodies. Maybe a tour the Porsche factory and a ride in one of the 914-8s, including a consultation with DD on everything that you ever wanted to know about the 914 but never took the time to learn.
Kind of makes you wish that you had waited to join.
CCLINHOPUPHEAVEN
Korijo
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 18 2003, 01:39 PM)
Member #914 will receive a free can of POR 15, a sticker and a bag of goodies. Maybe a tour the Porsche factory and a ride in one of the 914-8s, including a consultation with DD on everything that you ever wanted to know about the 914 but never took the time to learn.
Kind of makes you wish that you had waited to join.

where do i pick up the goodies ???

cool.gif
redshift
I have 2 now, just sold one, I have to add two toes when counting the total since 82; 12.

We used to throw them away when the seals got bad.

M
StratPlayer
I'm showing 859 members, 7 more joined since your post..
SirAndy
yeah, but the actual member ID is not the same as the number of members ...

859 members, where the latest members has number #928.

the reason for this is:
the database keeps a internal counter of all signups that increments by one each time someone signs up.
but every time we delete a member (fake signups from spammers mostly),
that counter stays where it is.

later,
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.