Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Usable - CHEAP - Rear Shocks - NO LONGER NEEDED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GregAmy
WTB a pair of usable cheap rear shocks that are not Kill Your Backs.

Background: I'm buying into AutoAtlanta's Sachs purchase, and they're showing 120 days out for that. I'd not be surprised if, given current events, that gets extended.

In the meantime, my street car ride is harsh; a prior owner actually cut the rear springs (they fall out of the seats when it's on the lift) and installed KYBs. Bang! So I'm looking for something cheap to get me by.

I already have a set of 914Rubber rear springs that I got from a fellow Worlder, so I'm looking for some "to get me by for now" rear shocks and lower seats.

Whadya got? Shipped to Middletown CT 06457.

Thanks!
bdstone914
@GregAmy

date='Mar 22 2020, 07:07 AM' post='2796397']
WTB a pair of usable cheap rear shocks that are not Kill Your Backs.

Background: I'm buying into AutoAtlanta's Sachs purchase, and they're showing 120 days out for that. I'd not be surprised if, given current events, that gets extended.

In the meantime, my street car ride is harsh; a prior owner actually cut the rear springs (they fall out of the seats when it's on the lift) and installed KYBs. Bang! So I'm looking for something cheap to get me by.

I already have a set of 914Rubber rear springs that I got from a fellow Worlder, so I'm looking for some "to get me by for now" rear shocks and lower seats.

Whadya got? Shipped to Middletown CT 06457.

Thanks!
[/quote]

I have many used Koni rear shocks. I need to test for even compression and rebound full range.
I would sell a set for $70 shipped.
I that works for you I can test some today.
Bruce
bdstone914
I have three pair of oil filled Koni, one pair gas filled Koni, one pair Sachs -Boge.
PM sent with prices

@gregamy
abes914
Just wondering, what is better, oil filled or gas filled?
Superhawk996
QUOTE(abes914 @ Mar 23 2020, 01:49 AM) *

Just wondering, what is better, oil filled or gas filled?

All dampers are oil filled.

Better dampers are gas charged to minimize oil frothing (could apply to both twin tube dampers and mono tube dampers).

Generally speaking the best dampers are gas filled monotube dampers. They have better cooling, and reduced valve lag.
abes914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 23 2020, 04:28 PM) *

All dampers are oil filled.

Better dampers are gas charged to minimize oil frothing (could apply to both twin tube dampers and mono tube dampers).

Generally speaking the best dampers are gas filled monotube dampers. They have better cooling, and reduced valve lag.

Thanks for the info. i want a better suspension package but i am not there yet (sigh).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.