Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 - Leather - Chick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Sooo...

We took Elwood out and drove him around for a bit yesterday. He hadn't been run in 3 weeks, so he needed some exercise, and the weather outside was good. We dropped an oversize letter at the post office, and when I got back in the car (Betty was driving), we immediately used hand sanitizer.

Then Betty pops off with "What effect does hand sanitizer have on leather covered steering wheels?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh.. There are no chick picts here. The title was click bait. happy11.gif (And it was Betty's idea!)
stevegm
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 22 2020, 10:09 AM) *

Sooo...

We took Elwood out and drove him around for a bit yesterday. He hadn't been run in 3 weeks, so he needed some exercise, and the weather outside was good. We dropped an oversize letter at the post office, and when I got back in the car (Betty was driving), we immediately used hand sanitizer.

Then Betty pops off with "What effect does hand sanitizer have on leather covered steering wheels?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh.. There are no chick picts here. The title was click bait. happy11.gif (And it was Betty's idea!)

Not sure about hand sanitizer. I’ll be interested to hear. But I do know - don’t put tape on leather. Learned the hard way. Pulls the coating or whatever they treat it with right off.
bdstone914
Ok. I took the bait.
I doubt it will have much affect it you let the sanitizer dry before touching the wheel. If wet the alcohol could pull the die in the leather.
Or wear gloves.

SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 22 2020, 07:09 AM) *

I thought you meant chic.

My brain is weird ...
screwy.gif
sixnotfour
amazon is sold out thou popcorn[1].gif
Chris914n6
I can't say for sanitizer but I do know hand lotion will damage the leather and specially the wood finishes.
RolinkHaus
The post was in need of leather boots. Not trying to offend anyone, many pics to chose from piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
914 - Leather - Chick

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
davep
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 22 2020, 06:09 AM) *

There are no chick picts here. The title was click bait. (And it was Betty's idea!)

Here I thought Betty was a chick! driving-girl.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Mar 22 2020, 07:27 PM) *

914 - Leather - Chick

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
QUOTE(davep @ Mar 22 2020, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 22 2020, 06:09 AM) *

There are no chick picts here. The title was click bait. (And it was Betty's idea!)

Here I thought Betty was a chick! driving-girl.gif

ah but she is and is very "chic" as well( my mind went there first as well, Sir Andy)
confused24.gif
ClayPerrine
Y'all need to stop pumping up her ego. Remember, I am stuck with her in quarantine for the next month or more. headbang.gif lol-2.gif
PCH
Just keep the targa in the trunk. The UV will kill whatever is on your steering wheel. German engineering...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(PCH @ Mar 23 2020, 01:48 PM) *

Just keep the targa in the trunk. The UV will kill whatever is on your steering wheel. German engineering...

It has been raining buckets here for the last 3 weeks, and her 914 lives in the garage, So that won't work.

Thanks anyway.
Betty
Stevegm: No tape - check!

bdstone914: Make sure hand sanitizer is dry - check!

Chris914n6: I had never even thought about hand lotion damaging leather - extra check!

Thanks everybody! smilie_pokal.gif I appreciate the input greatly. I think I'll clean and put some leather conditioner on the steering wheel a little more frequently now. driving-girl.gif
Betty
Which leads me to another question... assuming daily use, how often would everybody recommend cleaning/conditioning a leather steering wheel?

I'll fess up and admit to doing it infrequently (mainly when I get a chance to actually detail the car and not do just a quick wash) FERG.gif , so perhaps every 3 months or so? (I know, I'm a bad 914 caretaker - but I'd much rather drive the car than wash it) driving-girl.gif
Mark Henry
70% rubbing alcohol on all plastic surfaces, use leather cleaner on leather surfaces. Yes it won't kill viruses so wash your hands and don't let others drive your cars.

Lysol wipes (bleach) will damage plastic and leather.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.