Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone interested in a little Porsche virtual iRacing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stevegm
Anyone interested in a little iRacing? I’ve never used it, but it looks pretty cool. I think we can race against our friends. I’m thinking about hosting a Porsche-only virtual iRace next weekend, if I can figure it out. Maybe we can get some 914worlders to participate.
Andyrew
I could be interested in Forza Motorsports or Horizon as that's what I got....

We used to do it with NFS Porsche Unleashed as well as GT Legends. I don't think anyone has active servers for either of those... The GT Legends was rather realistic even by today's standards.
stevegm
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 22 2020, 03:59 PM) *

I could be interested in Forza Motorsports or Horizon as that's what I got....

We used to do it with NFS Porsche Unleashed as well as GT Legends. I don't think anyone has active servers for either of those... The GT Legends was rather realistic even by today's standards.

I have forza Motorsport 4, and forza horizon. I have xbox360, and I think that limits me to only race with people on a 360, right?
poorsche914
I have FM7 on the Xbox One. Also have Horizon 4.

I could probably dig up an Xbox 360 with FM4 on it but... not sure if all my cars and tunes are still there. Could play "spec" and everyone use same base car.

I ran a 914 race series using Forza Motorsports many years ago. It was a blast.

driving.gif
euro911
I have no idea what you guys are talking about laugh.gif
infraredcalvin
I’d be in with forza 7 or horizon 4 (Xbox One)

Or non 914 racing in gran tursismo sport (ps4)
Andyrew
Sorry I did mean FM7 or FH4. My bad...

We could all download GT Legends and find a server.... That would be fun and retro smile.gif

Hell or both....
rjames
I’d also may be in for some Xbox Forza 7, even though I suck. biggrin.gif
poorsche914
Wow! Can't believe it has been a decade since a group of us played every week fairly consistently. You can read about it HERE

Post #213 starts the discussion of a 914/6 Spec Series.
Unfortunately, details such as what tracks and number of laps, etc are not presented since that was in a now defunct web site.

Think I'll fire up FM7 on the XB1 on this rainy day happy11.gif

driving.gif
campbellcj
I'm planning to get into iRacing shortly, need to rebuild my sim rig with a new seat and PC. It was Xbox One based previously. I think it's really cool what PCA, IMSA, NASCAR, F1 are doing in the virtual realm lately. You guys may have seen NASCAR had a full-blow "TV" broadcast on FS1 the other day.

While it's absolutely not the same as the real thing (no matter how fancy a simulator rig) it sure can be fun and challenging at a way lower cash and time investment. (My whole rig will cost the equivalent of ~1 race weekend but hopefully last several years before going totally obsolete or breaking.) I did actually find my many laps of virtual racing helpful the first time I drove Laguna Seca for real. Shocking how close the overall scenery, braking and turn-in points are. I wish more of the local club circuits like WSIR or Butonwillow had been available over the years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.