Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any shelter in place projects ? non-914 is OK !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
oldschool
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 23 2020, 10:56 PM) *

Got one Oscar
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 24 2020, 10:46 AM) *

Got one Oscar

biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 24 2020, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 24 2020, 07:54 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 24 2020, 12:56 AM) *

Where did you get that? I want one badly! Betty wants me to have one!

Clay- @ClayPerrine

Yes, I made these. I was bored. confused24.gif

Provide shirt size, then PayPal me $1.00 (Admin Special) with your mailing address.

ovalerio23@gmail.com

That easy...I can do more later once things calm down.

Oscar

Just sent $20.00 and shirt size. Admins pay full price so you can keep making cool stromberg.gif like this.

Bruce Edge
Good time to get this tractor going, need it badly to drag P cars around yard.
Tdskip
QUOTE(djway @ Mar 24 2020, 04:02 AM) *

Decided I need to get all the projects in condition to allow for sale if the V should get me.
The engine that was supposed to go in the 75, now going LS, fell into this little project.
Click to view attachment
63 Notchback sunroof
This was a rough mockup to see of the L Jet could be managed.
Should be setting deck height tomorrow.
AC, hopefully high amp alternator
Almost finished sewing the full custom interior

@djway Cool project, please keep us posted.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Mar 24 2020, 11:19 AM) *

No pictures but just got done replacing the circulation pump and motor on our Kenmore dishwasher which gave up the ghost on day 5. Not super exciting but there you go!

Now you can use it to wash car parts in, grin.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Bruce Edge @ Mar 24 2020, 01:41 PM) *

Good time to get this tractor going, need it badly to drag P cars around yard.

Do the headlights make tractor beams? lol-2.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif
euro911
Cool T-shirt(s), Oscar aktion035.gif

Looks like everybody's keeping busy and tackling some of those 'one of these days' or 'around to it' projects ... popcorn[1].gif

Our annual Mojave Desert camping trip was cancelled, so I unloaded the food stuffs from 'Eileen' (the Westfalia). Noticed one of the water jugs must have developed a small pinhole and leaked some of it's content onto the carpet sad.gif I pulled the carpet up and removed the wet wood plank flooring that I had just recently installed, since there was a thin layer of original carpet below it. Thankfully, no water leaked through the planks and the carpet was dry mueba.gif

Scrubbed the Cayman's removable floor mat/carpets. Seems like someone spilled some sort of red punch in the passenger side (one of PO's grand kids). Used a solution of hot water & Purple Power, then rinsed with a high pressure hose, then spun dry in the washing machine and finish dried in the clothes dryer. 'Caymout' looking much better rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment

Can't go to AZ to register the new car right now, so being careful not to draw attention from the local PD while sneaking it out every now & then driving.gif

If it doesn't rain today, I might tackle removing the vinyl stripes on the front bumper/valance idea.gif
djway
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 24 2020, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 24 2020, 10:46 AM) *

Got one Oscar

biggrin.gif

Can others purchase one of these?
bobboinski
I would be in for an XL. stirthepot.gif
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 24 2020, 11:49 AM) *

No pictures but just got done replacing the circulation pump and motor on our Kenmore dishwasher which gave up the ghost on day 5. Not super exciting but there you go!

The GF wanted a new one, I told her I could fix it for about 20% of a new one and then if she still wanted new in a couple years I would "move" this one (to my shop).
flyer86d
Assembling the engine for the 68 911. It’s going faster than spending an hour a day after work. No pictures yet.

Charlie
jd74914
Replaced my well pump yesterday. Fun job to pull it. wacko.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Jonathan Livesay @ Mar 24 2020, 02:23 PM) *
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 24 2020, 11:49 AM) *
The GF wanted a new one, I told her I could fix it for about 20% of a new one and then if she still wanted new in a couple years I would "move" this one (to my shop).
Our old Frigidaire® portable started leaking (again) a few months ago. I replaced a seal in the bottom of the tub 20 years ago and it worked fine. Looks like I need to replace it again, although I'm not looking forward to it. We've just been hand washing stuff ever since it broke. There's only the two of us and we don't use a lot of dishes (we use paper plates), so it's mostly a couple of glasses & eating utensils to do FERG.gif
mb911
Did a little bit to my car and working on the basementClick to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 24 2020, 03:40 PM) *

An inspiration to modernize my 1929 basement ; your's is coming along nicely !
Maltese Falcon
thumbnail sketching Cayenne pepper themes for an upcoming livery smile.gif
Click to view attachment
oldschool
well since we have all this time on our hands, Ive been doing some honey does also...fix kitchen cabinets etc... opened up my garage so my son in-law could refinish a table top for all his music gear.
rbzymek
Renovating our cottage in Charleviox, Michigan. Upper cabinets go in next then on to the family room. Here is the kitchen before and after.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
AmjadY
Nice Job! Kitchen looks great. Heading up to gaylord after work tomorrow.

stay well
Olympic 914
scraping off the wallpaper in a small bathroom. its been up for over 20 years. only coming off a few square inches at a time. headbang.gif

Good thing the GF is helping.... it was HER idea.

I have a small steamer I will dig out tomorrow. see what that does.

It does pass the time though.
90quattrocoupe
New oil cooler.

IPB Image
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 24 2020, 06:55 PM) *

scraping off the wallpaper in a small bathroom. its been up for over 20 years. only coming off a few square inches at a time. headbang.gif

use liquid fabric softner, let it soak in comes off easier. adk me how i know.
siverson
I have had this kit for a while now and almost entirely built now.

-Steve
Tdskip
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Mar 24 2020, 08:55 PM) *

Steamer will likely help big time.
Tdskip
QUOTE(rbzymek @ Mar 24 2020, 08:04 PM) *

Renovating our cottage in Charleviox, Michigan. Upper cabinets go in next then on to the family room. Here is the kitchen before and after.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Are you available for hire? evilgrin.gif

Nice work!
Tdskip
QUOTE(90quattrocoupe @ Mar 24 2020, 10:40 PM) *

New oil cooler.

IPB Image

@90quattrocoupe

What car is that in?
Tdskip
QUOTE(siverson @ Mar 24 2020, 11:12 PM) *

-Steve

@siverson - Gabe, who is a member here, has been building these with his sons recently. The engineering on the kits is surprisingly good - and they FAST!
90quattrocoupe
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 25 2020, 05:10 AM) *

What car is that in?

1990 Audi Quattro Coupe with a few mods.

IPB Image
rgalla9146
QUOTE(90quattrocoupe @ Mar 25 2020, 02:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 25 2020, 05:10 AM) *

What car is that in?

1990 Audi Quattro Coupe with a few mods.

IPB Image

My wife and I had matching '87 5000 Turbo Quattros, Pearl White
sedan and wagon. Both had Pearl White OEM Fuchs forged alloys.
Very cool cars.
100mph all day no sweat.
She called me Hans, I called her Michelle.
jcambo7
Pulled transmission to figure out why every time I loosened my clutch cable to get it properly adjusted I would hear metal on metal rubbing noise. Talked to Dr Evil and he said the ball it mounts on is the wrong one which pushed the fork too close to the pressure plate housing and it should be recessed in.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Since I am waiting on the transmission part to come in I did this. Created a pulley system in my garage to load this roof top tent on my car without assistance since my wife is unable to help (she is 5 foot 1).
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Mar 24 2020, 05:44 PM) *

Assembling the engine for the 68 911. It’s going faster than spending an hour a day after work. No pictures yet.

Charlie

Details on engine please.
Alum or Mag case ? etc.etc. racy ?
raynekat
Outstanding work on that kitchen there....

QUOTE(rbzymek @ Mar 24 2020, 06:04 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

raynekat
QUOTE(siverson @ Mar 24 2020, 09:12 PM) *

-Steve

What's this kit for???
Looks great.
Maltese Falcon
It's "National little red Wagon Day"...I think they meant Radio Flyer !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Hauler too
Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
It finally stopped snowing and warmed up outside so my son Max and I installed the 5 point belts in his go-kart, and he did his first solo run. It was a good day.
euro911
@rbzymek ... Your kitchen looks much brighter and in essence, larger. Nice job - looking for the finished pix popcorn[1].gif

Just tidying up a few items in the 'new' Cayman. Some of the items that I ordered started showing up today ... the car cover, Bosch windshield wipers, a short UHF/VHF radio antenna for when I get a chance to install the HAM radio in it, and a new factory owner's manual smile.gif

Doing a little more investigation, I ran the VIN and found out it isn't a base model, it's an 'S' with the 3.4L mueba.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 25 2020, 03:45 PM) *
Click to view attachment
I built that model kit when I was a mere lad. Wished I still had it.
rbzymek
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 25 2020, 04:39 PM) *

Outstanding work on that kitchen there....

QUOTE(rbzymek @ Mar 24 2020, 06:04 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thank you.
Dion
@jcambo7 how do you like that RTT thinking of getting one for my Gladiator after I decide on which bed rack I want.

@rbzymek Kitchen looks great, what a transformation.

Cheers all.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Dion @ Mar 25 2020, 07:46 PM) *

@jcambo7 how do you like that RTT thinking of getting one for my Gladiator after I decide on which bed rack I want.

Cheers all.

@dion I just bought it a couple months ago and we haven’t been able to test it out yet. It should be perfect for us with only camping a few times.
Porschef
QUOTE(Flightpath @ Mar 24 2020, 08:18 AM) *

catio

Is that an Ocelot?
preach
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 25 2020, 07:41 PM) *

Doing a little more investigation, I ran the VIN and found out it isn't a base model, it's an 'S' with the 3.2L mueba.gif

@euro911

3.4 for the Cayman. 3.2s were in the Boxter S for a bit but unless I am mistaken you have a 3.4. beerchug.gif
r_towle
My couch keeps trying to get away so I am holding it down as part of my lockdown duties.
djway
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 25 2020, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Mar 25 2020, 03:45 PM) *
Click to view attachment
I built that model kit when I was a mere lad. Wished I still had it.

You can still buy that kit
Gint
A year long project wrapped last weekend. Worked 14 hour days Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday last week. Never left the house. I am sick and tired of working and never leaving the house to do it.
euro911
QUOTE(preach @ Mar 25 2020, 07:34 PM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 25 2020, 07:41 PM) *
Doing a little more investigation, I ran the VIN and found out it isn't a base model, it's an 'S' with the 3.2L mueba.gif
@euro911
3.4 for the Cayman. 3.2s were in the Boxter S for a bit but unless I am mistaken you have a 3.4. beerchug.gif
Ah ha ... noted and corrected.

Click to view attachment
Unpretentious
Heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace.

To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives.

I looked through my house to find things I’d started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz.

Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to thuzl who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.