Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on driver's side cooling flap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ejmetz
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of rebuilding and adding back in the cooling flaps which had been removed from the engine.

The cooling flaps work well, except for one thing. The driver's side flap seems to interfere with a nub on the fan housing, which does not allow it to close completely. Before I either cut the nub off or cut into the flap, I wanted to check with the experts to see what I might be missing. There should be no need to cut or modify anything, so I am just not sure what I am missing.

I checked other posts and although helpful on the flaps in general, I didn't find anything about this specific issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jsaum
I just finished doing one of these I'll post pictures this evening of the flap and plastic bushing. If I remember correctly there's only one direction that the bushing goes on the rod.
bbrock
I'm pretty sure that nub is there to prevent the flap from closing all the way on purpose.
jsaum
Yes that nub is there to keep the flap from fully closing and to keep air moving.
ejmetz
QUOTE(jsaum @ Mar 23 2020, 09:35 PM) *

Yes that nub is there to keep the flap from fully closing and to keep air moving.

Perfect - thanks, guys!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.