Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 0 231 181 009 Distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gatornapper
I purchased one of these in December on eBay but it was non-functional with the centrifugal advance mechanism frozen and irreparable.

Pretty sure this comes off a '74 1.8L with L-jet, though I won't be using the vacuum advance.....

Plenty on thesamba.com, but too high-priced....

Thanks,

GN
Tdskip
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 22 2020, 06:39 PM) *

I purchased one of these in December on eBay but it was non-functional with the centrifugal advance mechanism frozen and irreparable.

Pretty sure this comes off a '74 1.8L with L-jet, though I won't be using the vacuum advance.....

Thanks,

GN

I have one you can have for the price of shipping - we want your car up and running!
Gatornapper
TD!!!! I cannot believe it! What a gift! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Richard Hanes
50 Fleetwood Lane
Manakin Sabot, VA 23103

Let me know shipping cost and I'll Paypal you the money!

914world is the best bunch ever......

Richard

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 22 2020, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 22 2020, 06:39 PM) *

Thanks,

GN

I have one you can have for the price of shipping - we want your car up and running!

Gatornapper
Turns out that Tdskip did not have the dizzy after all - so I'm back in the hunt for a 181 009 - which has a similar advance curve to the "there are no more" 050's.....

GN
Tdskip
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Mar 26 2020, 08:44 AM) *

Turns out that Tdskip did not have the dizzy after all - so I'm back in the hunt for a 181 009 - which has a similar advance curve to the "there are no more" 050's.....

GN

I went to pull it to ship and realized I actually had thrown it out two months ago. Wasn’t until I found the note on the container that I realized I had done that.

I tossed it since the effort of selling it wasn’t worth the time, they sell on eBay for under $20 sometimes. I’ll check at the house to see if I have one in another box.

Sorry

:-(
brant
I have an 050 hour cloud sell
With a brand new cap/rotor/condenser

Brant

Tdskip
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 26 2020, 08:54 AM) *

Brant

Richard - that is a better unit with a better curve and new components than the one I tossed.

I am really sorry my memory failed me - I was still mentally picturing it in the container, it has neon yellow spark plug wires and coil, made quite a visual impression.
Gatornapper
Brant -

Thanks! How much? PM me if you don't want to post it here.....actually the curve on an 050 and 181 009 are close.......

Will my Hot-Spark ignitor fit the 050? I have both it and a Pertronix 1847A and don't want to not use them......

Read somewhere the 050 takes a different cap and rotor than the 009 - true? And that you cannot find replacements?

GN

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 26 2020, 07:54 AM) *

Brant

Gatornapper
Hey man, you tried! Thanks, no worries. I'm 75 and my memory fails me more every day.....so no problem at all..........

Richard

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 26 2020, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 26 2020, 08:54 AM) *

Brant

Richard - that is a better unit with a better curve and new components than the one I tossed.

I am really sorry my memory failed me - I was still mentally picturing it in the container, it has neon yellow spark plug wires and coil, made quite a visual impression.

GregAmy
See if you can figure out what the curve is on a 179 009. It's aftermarket probably curved for a VW, have had it kicking in the race car toolbox as a spare. I have a Mallory in there now, I could probably dispense with this one if it's useful.
Gatornapper
Need met.....Brant provided me with an 050 that will arrive next week.

Thanks to all for the help.

GN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.