Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New GB Front trunk seal lip replacement metal 4' sections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
So working with Cary on making a replacement metal that can be spliced in for the rusted channels that many of us have. Decided to do up a batch so that these are inexpensive for all. Cary has used these to repair my and Taylor's vehicles

You can cut out and drill spot welds to patch corners, or completely rebuild the entire trunk edge. If it's not too bad one strip should suffice, but they get cheaper if you get 2.

We will also basically give you one for the shipping if you buy a new front trunk seal. The metal ships in it's own tube so if you ship USPS it should be about $8.50.

I'm working with Cary to provide a little more of a tutorial on these, but now you can fix the rust!!!

Who's in?
Mikey914
more
BPic
Wow! Wish these were around earlier. Nice work. Fabricating from stock steel is no fun!!
BeatNavy
Excellent, I need this smilie_pokal.gif

I'm good for at least 2, Mark.

Thanks to you and to Cary.
bkrantz
I need at least 1.
914e
Great idea, I wish you had a a few months ago.
jesse7flying
I'm in for at least two.
bob164
I will take two.
jim_hoyland
FANTASTIC ! smile.gif
relentless
I'm in for two.
Mikey914
Got these all done and will send PMs later today. Will keep the GB open til the 15th
THX all
yellowporky
mee too please
Mikey914
Yes not too late.
By the way I can't send the codes out til Monday as I need to get these on the website I thought they were already.
Mark
djway
me
Mikey914
PMs sent to all Thanks for your patience.
Mark
Just had to finish up on a few other goodies
71914-4
I'll take two please.
Mblizzard
I will take 2 as well!
Luke M
Need at least 4 here.
maf914
Mark, please add me to the list.
stevegm
I will take 5 or so.
dakotaewing
I'll take 2 please - add me to the list as well -
lierofox
Ooh. I'll go in for 2 of these!
maf914
Mark, The USPS shipping rate for two pieces in my cart is indicated to be $19.22. There is no apparent option for USPS $8.50 indicated in your GB offer. Could you check this please. Thank you.
Mikey914
hate to say it but sometimes the shipping calculator is wonky. The USPS rate to Florida for the package based on one set was $8.50, it will go by weight, I don't think that $19.22 will be correct. The way we typically handle this is refund the overcharge. When we charge actual as we do we can't hide the shipping calculator isn't spot on. We do not use shipping as a profit center as some do. But so far this is the only way we can do this.
mark
Lg914
I’ll take two
Mikey914
This closes today! Last call
RobD615
Bummer - I missed out. I just started restoring a 916-6 and would really like to have 4 if someone doesn't claim their order. Thank you. Rob Douglas
Mikey914
We have plenty in stock.
You can find them right here -

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/f...for-porsche-914
You can still get a deal you just have to buy 2 sets. I will reset that end of the month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.