Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Never marry a chick named Cindy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
SO the eye just came ashore here in south town. went to work anyway. Power is out at my house so no reason to stay there without internet. rolleyes.gif
Just a bunch of wind and about 6 inches of rain so far.

Good thing I am a carb expert. had to fiddle with the carb on the Generator last night. sticking float.

Got it fired up and ran it for awhile just so SOMEONE would leave me alone.
rhaas
This storm was not bad at all at my house. we lost power, blew up about 6 transformers on the block last night. no flooding in my area. just a lot of rain.
URY914
And this is early in the season for this crap.

Going to be a long WET summer. sad.gif

Paul
Joe Ricard
Yea, then there is Dennis coming up next week. Which state will suck worse this year. Mississippi or Florida?

Guess Cindy is going to open up the door for others to follow.

Yea the Bayou is up about 5 feet which makes it 2 ft of water over the road to my house.
Joe Ricard
Rhaas .... So how come we ain't never got together to talk teeners over a few cold ones?

Feel like an Autocross this weekend? Bell Chase Naval air station. Sunday. You got a Pm with my number.
jhs914
I'm still recovering from Ivan, which flooded my house and my 914. I just got my dock and boatlift repaired. The teener is still unrepaired.

T.S. Arlene followed the same track as Ivan. I checked the projected track of Dennis a minute ago. Same thing. It shows it coming ashore right on top of me!

My wife said if it happens again she is not coming back. I have lived in N.W. Florida for 56 years and have seen my share of hurricanes, but this is ridiculous.

scotty914
so i guess i should go buy 10 automatic propane generators and move to ms and fl for a month or two and install them. would be worth about 15000 in labor. so who wants to invest in this. i need a job too.
rhaas
Hey Joe, We will have to get together sometime. My teener is on blocks right now(of course), I have to finish projects on my home first before I can get to the teener. I will send you a PM with my contacts. Good luck through Dennis.
rhaas
better watch out for dennis, seems to be headed our way. hope they are wrong
Mueller
oh great, we leave California on the 15th to head on down to Covington, LA for a week ( to replace the siding on a house)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.